Search found 228 matches

Return

by parchedpeas
Thu Dec 28 2017 5:00pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 accounts and notice of AGM

Can we look at payout options again? Gift cards etc. The loss of Tesco Clubcard points make TCB less attractive to me these days. Maybe even payout in a Cryptocurrency to attract a different kind of member (get bitcoin by clicking, eg) Also, credit cards, insurance, broadband. We need to be at or ne...
by parchedpeas
Fri Jan 26 2018 9:46am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MoneyFacts - imutual did it again!

Well deserved.

Although, Quidders top??!!! How did that happen?
by parchedpeas
Wed Mar 07 2018 10:41am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New share club process - please vote

I'm in two minds about this really but one thing I do think is that we need BOTH Richard AND Garindan on-board with whatever we do going forwards. Richard makes a fair point though: it's not like there is a surfeit of other ideas (other than plodding on, which people seem to be unhappy with aswell!)...
by parchedpeas
Fri Apr 06 2018 3:04am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you want from this club?

At the moment I don't feel we are unable to get much done, as we couldn't even agree to put Greene King up for a vote to sell or keep, without complicating things, leaving us with a further 5% decline in price in the meantime. Not sure that's right No one posted in that thread to hold on to it But ...
by parchedpeas
Fri Apr 06 2018 1:10pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you want from this club?

Yes but we are still down on this share even if you factor in the Divi It was our chairman who started this discussion and he is usually in favour of hanging on to these type of shares Need one more member to support a vote I'm not sure you and I are on the same page re a divi stock. For me, it's s...
by parchedpeas
Thu Apr 19 2018 9:58am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Share club valuation @ 15 Apr 2018

I would really like to see some positively given towards the CIC because continual negativity is not going to help us move forward. This is my position as well. I looked at my 'holding' this morning: down £40 since I joined and I considered just cutting my losses and walking away because there is f...
by parchedpeas
Tue Apr 24 2018 3:28am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another idea for moving forward

Never really seen the point of 2 funds, I dont think we have enough money to split But for the sake of moving forwards I would support this idea in theroy As for you ideas on the safer fund I'm against putting the money in a Tracker, too boring I think too look at reducing it to 5 funds approx and ...
by parchedpeas
Mon Jul 09 2018 10:49am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Share club valuation @ 8 Jul 2018

And our unit price has dropped AGAIN Yet our officials post a about how everything is lovely in the garden and do nothing All V depressing This is all getting very boring. Every month you post the same thing. What is it that you propose we do? Nobody 'sets the rules' here. It's an open forum. Go on...
by parchedpeas
Mon Jul 09 2018 11:12am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some of these shares were bought - by consensus - for an income. GNK pays a healthy dividend even though it's a paper loss. These things have been talked about over and over again. And then each and every month the same comments get said here. None of us are 'in charge'. This is not being done TO yo...
by parchedpeas
Wed Jul 11 2018 11:50pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with a number of things you've said. Kev, but to put our latest month in context ... the FTSE 350 dropped by 1.1% over the same period. So our drop of -1.42% is not in itself a significant outcome My point for Kev is that he just needs to start a poll! eg. Do we sell GNK at whatever price? ...