Remembering Kevin Harris

Wren96

Re: Remembering Kevin Harris

Post by Wren96 » Wed Mar 06 2024 10:33pm

Hi everyone. I just made an account this evening. Kevin was my Dad. I was really missing him today, spent a long time looking at old pictures and then somehow wound up here.

My Dad was always on this funny little site but I didn't really grasp how much time and love he spent here and the scale of it. It meant a lot to me to read some of the old posts and discussions and hear from him that way. Particularly enjoyed the joke threads (though scratched my head a lot trying to work out what he was on about).

I don't know if I'll post much on here as it still feels hard. But just wanted to say I'm glad all of this is here and I'm glad that he meant something to all of you.

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Mar 29 2024 1:49pm

Thanks for posting this :)

Sorry, only just got around to approving the above post (first-time posts need manual approval). Thought I'd bump it as I'm sure others will want to comment.
Thanked by: blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Mar 29 2024 2:05pm

Wren96 wrote:
Wed Mar 06 2024 10:33pm
Hi everyone. I just made an account this evening. Kevin was my Dad. I was really missing him today, spent a long time looking at old pictures and then somehow wound up here.

My Dad was always on this funny little site but I didn't really grasp how much time and love he spent here and the scale of it. It meant a lot to me to read some of the old posts and discussions and hear from him that way. Particularly enjoyed the joke threads (though scratched my head a lot trying to work out what he was on about).

I don't know if I'll post much on here as it still feels hard. But just wanted to say I'm glad all of this is here and I'm glad that he meant something to all of you.
Kevin's contributions meant a lot to me and I considered him an online friend.

I still think of the comments he would have made on many of the topics that come up - and I am sure that his passing must have left a big hole for all those who loved him. The fact that he is still remembered should be a source of pride for you.

Take care.
Thanked by: dannyluis, MrsBear, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Fri Mar 29 2024 3:41pm

Thanks for posting Wren96. He is definitely missed on here with his witty comments and quiz's.
Thanked by: dannyluis, blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Mar 29 2024 7:05pm

Welcome. Sadly, though, the site is on its last legs - or at least the cashback part of it. We're hoping that the forum will remain for the few of us that are regulars and the larger number who are less regular.
Last edited by pabenny on Wed Apr 03 2024 2:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: Beachboy, dannyluis, blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Apr 02 2024 10:48am

Kev would be so upset that imutual is slowly dying. But a man I only knew here I also considered an online friend. And he is greatly missed even now by many of us. Not missed in the way you miss a Dad who left you far too early of course. But missed as a very special person who made us laugh, made us think and gave us fun with the quizzes. He has not been forgotten by so many people on here
Thanked by: dannyluis
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Fri Apr 05 2024 10:31pm

Hi Wren. Your dad was the life and soul of these forums. He enriched our lives and we miss him too.