2022 accounts and notice of AGM

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

2022 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Mar 29 2023 6:42pm

Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of imutual Limited will be held on 13th April 2023 7.30pm via an online Webcast at https://www.imutual.co.uk/webcast

The business to be conducted at the meeting will be to review the accounts for the year to 30 June 2022 and to vote on resolutions, including the re-election of directors. Note that I am the only director standing for re-election. Susan Yendall will resign on the date of the AGM.

As in previous years, the AGM will be conducted "virtually", and you are encouraged to submit your vote using this proxy form. You are welcome to participate in the webcast and ask any questions live to the Chairman i.e. me :) Although of course you can ask questions at any time during the year using our forum ;)

General guidance with regard to our AGMs can be found here

Below is my "Review of business":
REVIEW OF BUSINESS
During the year, our revenues were £30,102 compared with £15,960 the previous year. Total administrative expenses were £22,954, down from £38,440 the previous year. The accounts show a profit after tax of £54 compared with a loss after tax of £12,754 the previous year.

Prior to the Coronavirus pandemic, over 90% of the company's net revenues have been generated from travel-related offers. Inevitably, the resulting restrictions on the travel sector and advertising in general had a huge affect our sources of income. This explains the fall in revenue over the past two years. In the short term, this will severely limit the extent to which we can develop new features and offers on the site.

On the plus side, the company is able to operate on very low overheads and the director(s) will continue to keep costs low in order to maintain a solid financial position.

FINANCIAL POSITION
The company reported a profit after tax of £54 and the closing reserves were £47,774. Members should note that the directors have given a written undertaking to provide ongoing financial support for the company.

Additionally, cashback balances (which represent the overwhelming proportion of company creditors) are explicitly protected by a Directors Guarantee.

PLANS FOR FUTURE PERIODS
Due to the low levels of revenue, the main director/employee has had to take other employment and there are unlikely to be any significant new features or initiatives in the near future. However, we hope to see an improvement in the company's fortunes once financial conditions improve.

The Board wishes to thank all customer shareholders for their ongoing loyalty and support. We look forward to working with them next year to help our unique company to grow and achieve its full potential.
If you have any questions on the accounts, no need to wait until the AGM - ask away! :thumbup:
Thanked by: blythburgh, dannyluis, MrsBear, aupt

Richard Frost

Re: 2022 accounts and notice of AGM

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Mar 29 2023 7:49pm

Are you really holding this in 2022. Are you supplying the time machine to take us back in time?
Thanked by: blythburgh

rayf

Post by rayf » Thu Mar 30 2023 12:27am

Richard Frost wrote:
Wed Mar 29 2023 7:49pm
Are you really holding this in 2022. Are you supplying the time machine to take us back in time?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanked by: blythburgh, aupt

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Thu Mar 30 2023 7:00am

Richard Frost wrote:
Wed Mar 29 2023 7:49pm
Yes. You missed it :lol: :roll:
Thanked by: blythburgh, aupt

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Thu Mar 30 2023 7:01am

The financial statements at the link above are not consistent with those filed at Companies House. Specifically creditors and net assets differ by £754.

Which version is correct?

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Mar 30 2023 9:44am

AGM information
The financial year end for imutual is 30 June and aims to call an Annual General Meeting of its shareholders within nine months of its year end. The purpose of the AGM is to conduct any formal business as required by the Companies Act and the Articles of Association of the company, typically including:
- Present the year end accounts and auditor's report
- (Re-)election of company directors
- (Re-)appointment of the company's auditors

The AGM date will be announced at least 14 days beforehand (the "announcement date"), at which time shareholders will be notified by email and the company's accounts will be published.

Shareholders who held shares in the company on the "announcement date" are entitled to vote at the AGM. Note that to qualify, you must have had shares "awarded" (not just "pending") and we must have verified your completed shareholder registration details

The proceedings will be broadcast live on the web, and those watching this webcast will be able to post questions to the chairman. In order to minimise administration costs for the company, we ask members to cast their votes using a proxy form and, if they wish, watch the AGM webcast.
Do we not get the required 14 days notice?

MrsBear

Post by MrsBear » Thu Mar 30 2023 12:22pm

I have been a member for several years and my account says I do have shares but when I clicked the proxy link I got the message "You cannot vote at the upcoming general meeting, as you did not have any shares awarded as at Wednesday 29th March 2023" :?

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Thu Mar 30 2023 5:41pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Thu Mar 30 2023 9:44am
Do we not get the required 14 days notice?
Companies Act s307 (1) requires a minimum notice period of 14 days.
But that can be disapplied if shareholders with >90% consent. And since Richard holds 99.2% of the shares, he can effectively do as he wishes.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Mar 30 2023 6:15pm

I now see on the proxy voting form that the AGM is on "annual general meeting of the company to be held on Thursday 13th April 2023" despite the first post by Richard being amended to 31st March 23.

So we currently have two dates 31st March and 13th April One of them would allow for the 14 days notice period. But it is unclear which is the correct date.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Thu Mar 30 2023 6:26pm

MrsBear wrote:
Thu Mar 30 2023 12:22pm
I have been a member for several years and my account says I do have shares but when I clicked the proxy link I got the message "You cannot vote at the upcoming general meeting, as you did not have any shares awarded as at Wednesday 29th March 2023" :?
Perhaps your shareholder registration details are incomplete? Have you voted previously?

There are only 2 mundane 'ordinary' resolutions up for vote, anyway.
Thanked by: MrsBear, blythburgh