Brexit Bounces too

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
BeautifulSunshine

Re: Brexit Bounces too

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Jul 02 2019 2:15pm

Sarah wrote:
Tue Jul 02 2019 3:28am
Really - personally lost your job because of EU membership have you? I sympathise if that's the case yet doubt it; perhaps you've somehow forgotten what you previously wrote immediately prior to that response, literally laughing in the faces of anyone concerned for the UK car industry and the workers facing imminent job losses.

I do have family members in the automotive industry and steel industry that are affected and they're certainly adversely impacted by Brexit and not in any way going to be helped by it. I personally know plenty of others that have already lost their jobs or had them placed at risk and recruitment being slashed as jobs and investment have left the UK as a direct result of the referendum result. The costs to my own employer are in £millions which has obviously had an impact at many levels.

These things are happening regardless of what you believe; opinions make no difference. Cognitive dissonance on the leave side doesn't avert the ongoing catastrophe. Brexit isn't suddenly going to stop being a disaster by ignoring the evidence. The fishing industry that you like to talk about so much, despite being such a tiny part of the economy, effectively voted for its own destruction and together with farming is now said to need a £6bn bail-out if we leave the EU.

The hard-right millionaires and billionaires have always been the ones that could benefit from this tragedy. The rot has been there all along, right from the start of drawing up the European Union Referendum Act 2015 in which they insisted a majority of nations or super-majority of voters wasn't necessary because it was only advisory so the government of the day should take any such imbalances into account when deciding the way forward. How soon that was forgotten with both Scotland and Northern Ireland carelessly thrown under the bus. The same act of course also obligated the government to negotiate a withdrawal agreement. Now the same charlatans are busy trying to rewrite history and persuade the misled voters that the last resort, worst case and most damaging ("no deal") exit is what they wanted. Hardly any lessons have been learned over the past 3 years despite the lies being so exposed. It would be utterly insane to proceed.
Well said Sarah. I'm with you.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Chadwick

Re: Brexit Bounces too

Post by Chadwick » Tue Jul 02 2019 2:17pm

Good to see our new MEPs and representatives of the United Kingdom are contributing in a constructive manner to our pending withdrawal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48839829

Given that no deal would be the worst case scenario, and we won't accept the existing deal, we need to renegotiate something. So we're going to start that by pissing off the other negotiators. Anyone would think they haven't thought this through.

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Brexit Bounces too

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Jul 02 2019 2:28pm

Discussion continues in this thread