The Sussexes

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

The Sussexes

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 13 2020 11:08am

I do think they should have sorted things out behind closed doors before going public.

Prince Harry seems to have been damaged by the death of Diana Princess of Wales and inherited her tendancy to mental health problems.

But I am disgusted at the way the media have treated Meghan. He was complaining about racist comments in the press even before they got engaged.

I remember the days when Sarah was married to Prince Andrew and the media was full of "fat Fergie" comments and made it plain that one Princess was to be idolised and the other should be compared to her and fall down in every way. The perfect and the imperfect Princess was how they were portrayed.

Now the media have done the same to the current two Princesses by marriage. Catherine is perfect but Meghan is "uppity" and not behaving as she should do.

Since the "Canada" announcement the vitriol has got even worse. An article in The Daily Mail was repeated on MSN and I read part of it. Unable to read all of the nastiness, racism and cruelty that was written about Meghan. The worst thing for me was it was written by the wife of a very senior member of our Govt.

Racism is racism whether it is monkey noises on a football terrace by a yob or an article written by a middle class journalist.

I am not surprised the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have had enough. Our racist media should be ashamed of themselves.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Re: The Sussexes

Post by expressman33 » Mon Jan 13 2020 11:13am

They should give up Frogmore Cottage or repay the taxpayer the £2.4 million it cost to renovate
Thanked by: Oggy

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Jan 13 2020 11:30am

As far as I'm concerned The Sussexes can do as they please, however, it was basic courtesy to tell The Queen first.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 13 2020 11:47am

expressman33 wrote:
Mon Jan 13 2020 11:13am
They should give up Frogmore Cottage or repay the taxpayer the £2.4 million it cost to renovate
They do not own it of course only live there rent free. If they give up all Royal Duties then I agree, if they do continue to work then that is another matter.

How much of that cost was because it had been not maintained to a decent standard is another question
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

regulator

Post by regulator » Mon Jan 13 2020 12:56pm

It was always going to be the case that Markle was going to be a disruptive influence, both on Harry and the monarchy. Before the "marriage", she constantly wore a big t-shirt saying "I'm a going to be a pain in the arse because I'm American, black, and in it for the money." It's just that Harry was, and continues to be so desperately craving love and attention, just as his mother did during her life, that he couldn't and still can't see the game the woman's playing.

On the other hand, Harry isn't in line to the throne. He's no more important a member of the Royal family than someone like Edward. If he wishes to lead a civilian life so that he can make his own way, do charitable works, and do things like raise millions for endangered animals, which I fully support, then he should be allowed to do so. I just wish he'd do it without being press ganged in to it by that awful woman he married.

Since all this blew up, I do seriously wonder if Harry's actually related to Charles. He seems to have no sense of duty that comes with his position. He should be allowed to do what he wants to do with his life, but he needs to go about it the right way.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon Jan 13 2020 2:07pm

I've not heard about Meghan scheming to overthrow the monarchy?
What have I missed?
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Jan 13 2020 2:58pm

regulator wrote:
Mon Jan 13 2020 12:56pm
It was always going to be the case that Markle was going to be a disruptive influence, both on Harry and the monarchy. Before the "marriage", she constantly wore a big t-shirt saying "I'm a going to be a pain in the arse because I'm American, black, and in it for the money." It's just that Harry was, and continues to be so desperately craving love and attention, just as his mother did during her life, that he couldn't and still can't see the game the woman's playing.

On the other hand, Harry isn't in line to the throne. He's no more important a member of the Royal family than someone like Edward. If he wishes to lead a civilian life so that he can make his own way, do charitable works, and do things like raise millions for endangered animals, which I fully support, then he should be allowed to do so. I just wish he'd do it without being press ganged in to it by that awful woman he married.

Since all this blew up, I do seriously wonder if Harry's actually related to Charles. He seems to have no sense of duty that comes with his position. He should be allowed to do what he wants to do with his life, but he needs to go about it the right way.
Regulator you are true to your name.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Jan 13 2020 6:58pm

I t does make you understand why Edward abdicated to marry an American
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Jan 13 2020 7:10pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Jan 13 2020 11:08am
I am not surprised the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have had enough. Our racist media should be ashamed of themselves.
Maybe, if Harry didn't dress up as a Nazi and refer to his army colleague as 'My little Paki mate' he would get less stick
Politically incorrect since 69

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon Jan 13 2020 7:29pm

If you get a job that comes with a house, you leave the job you lose the house.
Thanked by: kevinchess1