What should we women chuck?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

What should we women chuck?

Post by blythburgh » Thu Jul 15 2021 10:58am

Apparently many women have been going braless as they are working from home. Janet Street Porter said that the worst thing inflicted on women are mammogram machines and underwired bras. I could not agree more and would add pointed, high heels and corsets (shapewear as they now often get called).

No idea why women want to wear shoes that are so painful and difficult to walk in at times. Wired bras are something I never buy but feel more comfortable in a bra. But I ditched my corsets years ago and if my tummy could be smaller I will still not wear one ever again. Still remember a friend's husband remarked about the spare tyre his wife had. He wanted her to see that her corset had merely moved the fat rather than hiding it. She said she was going to put it in the rubbish bin.

So I will not be corsetted in my day to day activities but my bra stays on. Other women must make their own decisions and if it causes them pain well it is their pain and their decision so I will not be saying anything to any individual.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler