7%
Sell
36%

Total votes: 14

BeautifulSunshine

Re: Pure Gold Mining - share monitoring

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Dec 03 2020 5:30pm

2021 Viola R. MacMillan Award

This award, which is named in honour of PDAC’s longest serving president, is given to an individual or organization demonstrating leadership in management and financing for the exploration and development of mineral resources.

Mark O'Dea

For building and financing several international mining companies, taking them from exploration Mark O'Dea and discovery to development and operations.

Since winning second place in the Goldcorp Challenge in 2001, Mark O’Dea has built and financed several mining companies with worldwide operations.

Great projects in good places. This statement acts as Mark’s keel and compass to building a portfolio of quality mining companies that have crystallized C$3 billion in shareholder value.

Mark launched his first company, Fronteer Gold in 2001. A decade later, at the top of the last mining cycle, the young geologist sold Fronteer and its flagship Long Canyon gold project in Nevada to Newmont Mining for US$2.3 billion. He had vended Fronteer’s uranium assets in Labrador a year earlier for C$260 million.

Mark then scaled up his business platform by founding Oxygen Capital, to structure, finance, build and manage mining companies. True Gold Mining is just one example of this, putting the Karma gold mine in Burkina Faso into production. With traditional bank financing unavailable for gold projects in West Africa, Mark tapped into existing corporate relationships and private equity to raise C$33.5 million at a low point in the mining cycle. He and his team were later able to convince Franco-Nevada and Sandstorm to provide a syndicated gold loan and streaming package worth C$120 million, the first partnership of its kind for a single asset developer. Endeavour Mining purchased True Gold for C$240 million in 2016.

Pure Gold Mining is another example. Securing support from large corporates and mining titans, the PureGold Mine in Red Lake Ontario is scheduled to complete its first gold pour in December 2020, becoming Canada’s newest high-grade gold mine.

Mark has guided his companies by an ethos developed at the outset of his career: The Science of Discovery. Every company and project he worked on was science-driven, identified undervalued assets, defined team culture, while simultaneously leveraging existing and new financing avenues to advance projects to commercial status.

Mark has shown an intrinsic knack for bringing together and motivating top-tier talent, allowing him to build teams bound for success. Creativity and resourcefulness are some of the core traits he seeks in every team member, and he attributes his success to those he has worked with over the past 20 years.

Today, Mark remains actively involved with his Oxygen portfolio companies and continues to be committed to a strong mining industry that balances responsible environmental stewardship, community benefits and sound financial returns.
I'm clear in my mind this isn't a cowboy setup.

https://www.pdac.ca/about-pdac/awards/2 ... llan-award
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Dec 07 2020 8:49pm

Excitement is building ahead of the first pour. The share price has risen back to the previous high and is poised to push on again tomorrow as the Canadian stock market listing is rising further at the moment with only a few hours of trading left.
Thanked by: burwin
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

garindan

Post by garindan » Fri Dec 11 2020 5:31pm

Further share price advance on the potential of gold pour - another 9% just today taking it to 167.5p. Canadian stock market still open and reached 2.92cd earlier with about 2/3rds of the day's trading left.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Dec 11 2020 7:02pm

Indeed, as I write, the first imutual Cashback Investment Club holding of Pure Gold Mining is up 293% and the second holding of Pure Gold Mining is up 29%.

It's a shame my £1,000 cashback hasn't come through as we could have invested in a final share purchase of any share, new or old, in Covid-19 waking nightmare of 2020.
Thanked by: Beachboy

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Dec 14 2020 7:03pm

As I write the first holding of Pure Gold Mining is up 308.7% and the second 33.5%.
13/12/2020
22:08

mufprat @advfn

That's a really good point. You're right the GDXJ has been rebalanced to include PUR however I don't think if is implemented until Friday this week. Which means the fund will purchase the shares then, at whatever the share price happens to be on the day.Need to confirm how this works but GGP were included a few months ago and it certainly created a significant uplift in the share price

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Mon Dec 14 2020 8:00pm

I spotted that too, great news. Obviously it could keep going but it has also flucuated significantly the other way before when around this level. I wonder if it worthwhile selling some of our holding to crystallise a very healthy profit. We could always jump back on board if the price does dip again.

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue Dec 15 2020 6:07pm

Beachboy wrote:
Mon Dec 14 2020 8:00pm
I spotted that too, great news. Obviously it could keep going but it has also flucuated significantly the other way before when around this level. I wonder if it worthwhile selling some of our holding to crystallise a very healthy profit. We could always jump back on board if the price does dip again.
It's a fair suggestion. In my view I would be against anything less than 200p a share as I think we will see that in due course. However, as I have mentioned before, there is the first pour and the reformulating of the drilling results, the latter which will help visualise the real underground asset range. Both these elements have very good share price increase prospects, the latter even more so as some of the results are already known, just not presented in a complete overview.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Dec 15 2020 6:19pm

garindan wrote:
Tue Dec 15 2020 6:07pm
Beachboy wrote:
Mon Dec 14 2020 8:00pm
It's a fair suggestion. In my view I would be against anything less than 200p a share as I think we will see that in due course. However, as I have mentioned before, there is the first pour and the reformulating of the drilling results, the latter which will help visualise the real underground asset range. Both these elements have very good share price increase prospects, the latter even more so as some of the results are already known, just not presented in a complete overview.
I concur, there is significant realistic potential to be gained, and as such it would be unwise to sell out "cheap".

garindan

Post by garindan » Wed Dec 16 2020 11:24am

Fasten your seatbelts CIC investors - things are about to heat up!

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Dec 16 2020 12:42pm

It's obviously great to see this stock going up, and there's nothing to stop any of us taking a punt on it as individuals. But the thing is, this stock now makes up about 75% of the club's entire holding :|
Thanked by: Richard Frost, Beachboy