I bought a further holding in Bakkavor as follows:

Quantity: 2929
Buy price: 67.26p
Commission: £19.70
Stamp Duty: £9.85
Total: £1999.65
Actual average price inc. commission: 68.27p
Thanked by: burwin
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

garindan

Re: Bakkavor group - share monitoring

Post by garindan » Sat Sep 19 2020 11:00am

Further to this second purchase - we need to think about what we are looking to do with our holdings over the coming period. My main thought is when we would look to exit on the newer purchase. Would we be looking for a quicker profit target or holding out for a more longer-term profit?

My thoughts were originally that Bakkavor presented a good business proposition to service supermarkets with competitively priced product, either as an own brand or Bakkavor branded. I don't personally see this as having changed, infact I think if ever that position is even more strongly aligned with consumer thoughts post Covid-19 hitting and the effects of lockdown on family life and especially foodstuffs. This said, even if I thought it was quite likely the share price might rise back to pre-lockdown levels I personally think it would be good to take a fair profit at the right time and sell the most recent purchase in its entirety if the price hit 100p again. I'd leave the first batch and see what happened, looking to recoup at least the original purchase price over time and potentially take a profit should recovery be sustainable in a Covid-19 world.

Please do share your thoughts.
Thanked by: burwin, Beachboy

garindan

Post by garindan » Fri Oct 09 2020 1:00pm

garindan wrote:
Sat Sep 19 2020 11:00am
Further to this second purchase - we need to think about what we are looking to do with our holdings over the coming period. My main thought is when we would look to exit on the newer purchase. Would we be looking for a quicker profit target or holding out for a more longer-term profit?

My thoughts were originally that Bakkavor presented a good business proposition to service supermarkets with competitively priced product, either as an own brand or Bakkavor branded. I don't personally see this as having changed, infact I think if ever that position is even more strongly aligned with consumer thoughts post Covid-19 hitting and the effects of lockdown on family life and especially foodstuffs. This said, even if I thought it was quite likely the share price might rise back to pre-lockdown levels I personally think it would be good to take a fair profit at the right time and sell the most recent purchase in its entirety if the price hit 100p again. I'd leave the first batch and see what happened, looking to recoup at least the original purchase price over time and potentially take a profit should recovery be sustainable in a Covid-19 world.

Please do share your thoughts.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this other than me? :shock:

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Oct 09 2020 4:20pm

Our original investment is currently worth around £460 and the recent one is about £1900

I see Bakkavor and Ramsdens as being good ones to hold onto for a "post-covid recovery". Not really in a rush do anything else tbh
Thanked by: Beachboy

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Oct 09 2020 6:15pm

I'm happy to ride it out post Covid-19.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

garindan

Post by garindan » Fri Oct 09 2020 10:18pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Oct 09 2020 6:15pm
I'm happy to ride it out post Covid-19.
richard@imutual wrote:
Fri Oct 09 2020 4:20pm
I see Bakkavor and Ramsdens as being good ones to hold onto for a "post-covid recovery". Not really in a rush do anything else tbh
I get that and it is how I am thinking and why we bought more Bakkavor and should be buying more Ramsdens BUT what I am talking about is what's our plan beyond sitting and waiting for something to happen.

What exactly are we looking to happen and how would this, in turn, change our thoughts of whether we should be holding, or selling? I think Bakkavor, Ramsdens and PGM all have the potential to quickly move so I'm curious as to what members want to see so we can plan, watch and be alerted to when things reach the tipping points.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Oct 27 2020 12:09am

Production moving up a gear:
Dessert-maker Bakkavor, Jessop Way, Newark, given green light to start hiring extra staff in run-up to Christmas

By Dan Churcher- d.churcher@newarkadvertiser.co.uk
Published: 10:40, 15 October 2020 | Updated: 10:41, 15 October 2020

Dessert-maker Bakkavor, which had been at the centre of a coronavirus outbreak, has been given the green light to start hiring extra staff in the run-up to Christmas.

A total of 250 positions are available at the factory on Newark Industrial Estate.

The run-up to Christmas is traditionally a peak period of food manufacturing and the retail sector.

Bakkavor logo. Credit: bakkavor.com (33274256)Bakkavor logo. Credit: bakkavor.com (33274256)
Bakkavor said its announcement of 250 local jobs also demonstrated the company’s commitment to supporting the local economy at a critical time.

Shona Taylor, business director ­— desserts, said: “Since the outbreak of covid-19, we have adapted to unprecedented times and helped maintain essential food supply at a critical time for the country and the economy.

“We have raised our already high hygiene and safety standards to support colleagues in the workplace, the quality and breadth of which have been acknowledged by Public Health at Nottinghamshire County Council.

“As we gear up for a busy Christmas period, we are delighted to be creating significant employment opportunities at a very challenging time for the local economy ­— and for people who have lost jobs in our community this year, we hope our new recruitment drive can help people to rebuild their lives and their careers before Christmas.”

Bakkavor Newark. (41229400)Bakkavor Newark. (41229400)
With job scarcity on the rise in the Nottinghamshire area, Bakkavor Desserts has permanent vacancies for a wide range of roles, including despatch staff, hygiene operatives, factory operatives and forklift truck drivers.

Bakkavor is offering new joiners a range of staff benefits, including free hot drinks on site and discounted food prices at the shop for members of staff.

As part of their long-term commitment to help their staff, any person joining the Bakkavor team will be entitled to good pay rates, a stakeholder pension and life insurance cover.

All applicants will need to have a basic understanding of English literacy and numeracy (ESOL 2).

Previous experience working in this kind of setting is preferable but not essential.

Successful candidates will be team players, self-motivated and flexible ­— as well as being committed to maintaining Bakkavor’s quality and hygiene standards.

To apply for a role, go to the Bakkavor website at www.bakkavor.com/careers/job-search or call 0345 266 1843.
Source:
https://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/news ... s-9126540/

Moving in the right direction.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Nov 11 2020 7:32am

Good news, further ramping up of production:
127 new jobs available at Somerset dessert company Bakkavor

By Oliver Palmen @GazetteOliver
Reporter

A SOMERSET food manufacturer has announced 127 new jobs in the county despite the demands of the coronavirus pandemic.

After months of concern over the impact of Covid-19 on national employment levels, Bakkavor Desserts has revealed their recruitment plan in the build up to Christmas.

The Highbridge-based company has permanent vacancies for a wide range of roles including: Production operatives, hygiene operatives, forklift truck operatives, despatch operatives.

A spokesman for Bakkavor Desserts said: "The announcement of 127 local jobs also demonstrates Bakkavor’s commitment to support the local economy at a critical time, particularly with the Highbridge and Burnham area being affected by a fall in tourism over the summer months and with national unemployment reaching its highest level in three years.

"The work will support the continued drive by the Highbridge business to make over 30 million desserts every year."

All applicants will need to have a basic understanding of English literacy and numeracy (ESOL 2). Previous experience working in this kind of setting is preferable but not essential, said the company.

Shona Taylor, is the business director at Bakkavor Desserts.

She added: "Since the outbreak of Covid-19, we have adapted to unprecedented times and helped to maintain essential food supply at a critical time for the country and the economy.

"We have raised our already high hygiene and safety standards to support colleagues in the workplace, the quality and breadth of which have been acknowledged by Public Health England.

"As we gear up for a busy Christmas period, we are delighted to be creating significant employment opportunities at a very challenging time for the local economy - and for people that have lost jobs in our community this year, we hope our new recruitment drive can help people to rebuild their lives and their careers before Christmas.”

To apply for a role, visit the Bakkavor website at www.bakkavor.com/careers/job-search or call 0345 266 1843.

The company spokesman added: "Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda at Bakkavor. Not only does the company have strong COVID-19 controls in place, it also has robust wellbeing programmes to support employees while they are at work.

"Aside from good rates of pay and real opportunities to progress and develop skills, Bakkavor is offering new joiners a range of staff benefits, including a stakeholder pension and life insurance cover.

"Successful candidates will be team players, self-motivated and flexible – as well as being committed to maintaining Bakkavor’s quality and hygiene standards."
https://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/ ... t-company/

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat Nov 14 2020 12:15pm

This is looking set for a good move upwards over the coming months. I think it will take a while but there looks to be good chances of a favourable return here on our second purchase and once things settle we can decide how to move forward with the first purchase we made.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Nov 17 2020 7:53pm

I see we are back in profit today across our two holdings which is amazing news considering where we were with this share a few months and indeed weeks ago. Any thoughts on our exit point(s)? Potentially it seems like it should still have further increases to come as the economy picks up (if the vaccine news turns out to be as positive as is currently being reported) but that is more of a hunch than based on a solid info. 🙂