Sell
27%

Total votes: 11

garindan

Re: Bakkavor group - share monitoring

Post by garindan » Wed Apr 21 2021 10:12am

Prawn_Lover wrote:
Wed Apr 21 2021 12:43am
I sometimes pop into this forum to see what's going on but when I saw the above I could not help but leave a comment as I recall visiting before and remember a thread where Mr Garindan was challenged for selling a share days before it went ex-dividend and therefore lost the payment of the dividend - his reply was that the market took payments into consideration but now his tune seems to have changed; or have I missed something? Perhaps he's finally coming around to the correct way of thinking - I do hope its not too late for you all as Bakkavor seems to have done nothing but rise since you recently sold part of your holding - oh - and that dividend would also have been paid on them if you had continued to hold them. I found it difficult to understand why you held onto them all the way though the lockdowns and then sold them before the benefits of all that time & pain are paid out - again, am I missing something?
Hi Boro Boy.
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Apr 21 2021 10:20am

garindan wrote:
Wed Apr 21 2021 10:12am
Prawn_Lover wrote:
Wed Apr 21 2021 12:43am
I sometimes pop into this forum to see what's going on but when I saw the above I could not help but leave a comment as I recall visiting before and remember a thread where Mr Garindan was challenged for selling a share days before it went ex-dividend and therefore lost the payment of the dividend - his reply was that the market took payments into consideration but now his tune seems to have changed; or have I missed something? Perhaps he's finally coming around to the correct way of thinking - I do hope its not too late for you all as Bakkavor seems to have done nothing but rise since you recently sold part of your holding - oh - and that dividend would also have been paid on them if you had continued to hold them. I found it difficult to understand why you held onto them all the way though the lockdowns and then sold them before the benefits of all that time & pain are paid out - again, am I missing something?
Hi Boro Boy.
Watch out for London Lad.

garindan

Post by garindan » Wed Apr 21 2021 10:35am

Richard Frost wrote:
Wed Apr 21 2021 10:20am
Watch out for London Lad.
I've already clocked him. :lol:
Thanked by: Richard Frost

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Dec 29 2021 9:23am

These are nearing breakeven point after being in deficit for most of the pandemic. Does anyone have information to suggest they will continue to increase or should we start a discussion about existing and moving onto a new investment?
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Dec 29 2021 2:29pm

Beachboy wrote:
Wed Dec 29 2021 9:23am
These are nearing breakeven point after being in deficit for most of the pandemic. Does anyone have information to suggest they will continue to increase or should we start a discussion about existing and moving onto a new investment?
BAKK Stock Overview

Bakkavor Group plc, together with its subsidiaries, prepares and markets fresh prepared foods in the United Kingdom, the United States, and China.
Rewards

Trading at 3.5% below our estimate of its fair value

Earnings are forecast to grow 14.45% per year

Earnings grew by 111.8% over the past year
Risk Analysis

Has a high level of debt

Unstable dividend track record
https://simplywall.st/stocks/gb/food-be ... oup-shares
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Thu Dec 30 2021 9:56am

AAAlphaThunder thanks for the response and the information. However, it is just an external commentary, which whilst is an interest read does not give any detail on your acceptable exit position on the share.

pieman

Post by pieman » Thu Dec 30 2021 1:30pm

Personally I do not like to sell at a loss unless either I need the cash or the share price is nose diving.

As we are still at about 7% loss on this one, I would prefer to hold a little longer until we at least break even / make a small profit including the dividend.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Thu Dec 30 2021 1:45pm

pieman wrote:
Thu Dec 30 2021 1:30pm
Personally I do not like to sell at a loss unless either I need the cash or the share price is nose diving.

As we are still at about 7% loss on this one, I would prefer to hold a little longer until we at least break even / make a small profit including the dividend.
Thanks. That is fair enough. I know when I first posted a few days to kick start the discussion it was approaching breakeven but has dipped since then. The main thing I feel is just having a continuous discussion to decide an potential exit scenarios.
Thanked by: pieman

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Jan 03 2022 12:08pm

My view on this one is we should hopefully break even at some point on it. The company seems to be performing OK and lacks anything that makes me feel selling is important. That said, I haven't seen anything, during these odd times we've owned the share, that makes me that excited about it any longer, so I think I would be inclined to look at selling once any upward price trajectory starts to fall off beyond what was was paid for it.
Thanked by: pieman