Opportunities for the Club to grow in value

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

We should....

...continue to invest as we have done the past year, by choosing from a tipster's suggestions
77%
...invest in a share we currently own in these exceptional circumstances
15%
...keep the cash for investment later
8%

Total votes: 13

mike

Re: Opportunities for the Club to grow in value

Post by mike » Tue May 26 2020 1:29pm

I think that the recent recovery in markets may be reversed once reporting season starts and the true horror is revealed in numbers. I would favour sitting on cash.

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue May 26 2020 1:31pm

mike wrote:
Tue May 26 2020 1:29pm
I think that the recent recovery in markets may be reversed once reporting season starts and the true horror is revealed in numbers. I would favour sitting on cash.
Mike - I will add an option for that too then if you feel it should be there, for compleness :thumbup:
Thanked by: mike
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue May 26 2020 1:32pm

Unfortunately that has reset the poll - the two previous voters need to recast their votes. Apologies.

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue May 26 2020 10:46pm

Thanks to everyone who has voted. It seems we already have a conclusive result in that we should:

- ...continue to invest as we have done the past year, by choosing from a tipster's suggestions

I will take a look at the last few weeks worth and see what would be a good mix for us to have a vote on :thumbup:

hiswitzend

Post by hiswitzend » Wed May 27 2020 3:43pm

I know there is potential for Pure Gold to go up in value however we are in profit and i believe we should be looking to sell this, there is no guarantees it will rise in value. I guess the real question is if we want to keep long term stocks or make a profit.
Thanked by: Beachboy

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat May 30 2020 11:49am

hiswitzend wrote:
Wed May 27 2020 3:43pm
I know there is potential for Pure Gold to go up in value however we are in profit and i believe we should be looking to sell this, there is no guarantees it will rise in value. I guess the real question is if we want to keep long term stocks or make a profit.
I completely see your point. I am in two minds. There is significant talk that this goldmine is as good as the one up the road owned by another company, which is worth multiples more than the current price. The thing is we are in pretty early in terms of price (if we'd bought at the time of lockdown it was about 29p I think!) and the proof of the pudding will be what happens in the first pour of gold late this year. If it is a good result and inline with expectations it should see a great deal of interest and subsequently a re-rating of the price. It could make us a lot of money but does carry the associated risk.

The question is how substantial the risk is and whether it is worth taking or not. I'm not sure we will have many opportunities like this in the lifetime of our club and if the money had come from all our collective full-time jobs we might well have decided either never to invest in this share in the first place, let alone be considering whether or not to sell for an already significant profit compared to any of the previous investments we have made and exited from. That's what makes it an exciting prospect and something we need to consider very carefully rather than sell at the first sniff of a good current profit. We'd be kicking ourselves if the share price rose to say 175p and we'd sold out at 75p. @175p it would be approximately a 4x multiple on cost, which would generate a very significant return. Talk is it could do far better than that all being well. It sounds a bit fairytale of course and it might be but what would be the value on a lesser performing result of the pour and future developments? We are probably doubtful to lose all our investment like we did with Carillion, although it isn't a given of course.

So in summary - I love the idea of the current profit available but also am particularly excited it could be significantly better.

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat May 30 2020 11:49am

Oh, and the next investment poll will come out as soon as I've seen the options tipped this Sunday! :thumbup:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sat May 30 2020 1:49pm

garindan wrote:
Sat May 30 2020 11:49am
Oh, and the next investment poll will come out as soon as I've seen the options tipped this Sunday! :thumbup:
I look forward to it.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

garindan

Post by garindan » Sun May 31 2020 11:57am

garindan wrote:
Sat May 30 2020 11:49am
Well I have done some research into recent broker tips and haven't waited for today's tips to come out, mainly because there might only be one from it we could use in a poll. I've found three shares that should be interesting to take a look at. Details to follow shortly! :thumbup: