Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

BeautifulSunshine

Monthly [Your Share Club Payments] Report via Email PDF

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Jun 08 2021 6:56am

Dear Fellow Members

As we are moving forward with the Investment Club, I propose a:
The report via email gives members the opportunity to see the progress of their investments on the 01st of every month.

Easy to automate.

Thoughts?
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

kevinchess1

Re: Monthly [Your Share Club Payments] Report via Email PDF

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Jun 08 2021 8:22am

Sounds like a good idea.
More work for the secretary, shame you didn’t implement this when it was your job.
Welcome back to the forearms, you bean mistt
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Jun 08 2021 7:15pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Tue Jun 08 2021 6:56am
Dear Fellow Members

As we are moving forward with the Investment Club, I propose a:
The report via email gives members the opportunity to see the progress of their investments on the 01st of every month.

Easy to automate.

Thoughts?
It sounds like you have something in mind so why don't you mock it up along the lines you are thinking so we can have a more detailed discussion? Potentially I could see some value but not sure we need an email when a report that sits on Imutual in a similar way to others might be easier, if it can be linked to existing spreadsheets for example. I think it does need to be automated otherwise it is a reasonable amount of work for someone (i.e. a Secretary, which we do not have).

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue Jun 08 2021 11:30pm

To be honest what I had envisioned a few years ago was a single report page on imutual that gave you all the needed information about investments, delayed live changes, holding units and value, previous investments we might want to keep tabs on etc.... personalised to the individual member. It wasn't possible to do that when Richard was full time working on imutual, so in all honestly the chances of any development for the investment club reporting now is even less likely, knowing there is only limited resource to keep the whole site going.

We could compile a wishlist of things, of which the sentiment of what you have just suggested would most probably be included in some form, but frankly I think we'd just be better off forgetting that and just researching latest tips and sharing intelligence on the forum so that we can all use to make informed choices.

That's an awfully negative response - I'm so sorry. I just think we probably need to work within reality, and that is using what we have right now unchanged.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Wed Jun 09 2021 9:11am

Could we not use something off-site, such as a Google spreadsheet like this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... id=7336914

I use this for my personal finance (the later, paid for version) but we could mod a variant of this to just include the Cash and Stocks tabs, and then it's updated in realtime. Also shows a history of buying and selling. It automatically produces a monthly email saying +/- results and reporting Cash and Stocks balances. This email could be sent on to the secretary and then a Email rule put in place to forward it out to the club members.

Just a thought.
Thanked by: Beachboy, blythburgh, garindan

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Jun 09 2021 10:30am

parchedpeas wrote:
Wed Jun 09 2021 9:11am

I use this for my personal finance (the later, paid for version) but we could mod a variant of this to just include the Cash and Stocks tabs, and then it's updated in realtime. Also shows a history of buying and selling. It automatically produces a monthly email saying +/- results and reporting Cash and Stocks balances. This email could be sent on to the secretary and then a Email rule put in place to forward it out to the club members.

Just a thought.
Sounds like a good system and useful idea. The current drawback is that we don't have a Secretary and had reached a point where the processes in place meant we could operate happily without one. To install this (or any other process involving manual input) requires rethinking this element of the CIC operating procedures. If someone is happy to volunteer and step up into the role then great but if not I think we can happily carry on as we are. I know from my perspective I keep a pretty close eye on things so have a fairly good idea of performance. I am not saying what is suggested is not an improvement because it clearly is; however it is the trade off against the additional administrative work required versus the benefit 🙂
Thanked by: blythburgh, garindan

garindan

Post by garindan » Wed Jun 09 2021 11:00am

parchedpeas wrote:
Wed Jun 09 2021 9:11am

Just a thought.
This is quite an interesting idea. It does replicate a couple of Richard's reports but consodidates and provides extra capability, which I think would be very helpful. Like Beachboy has said - I don't feel we have time to do this ourselves as well as carry out other duties for the club but if a couple of members wanted to work together on exploring what we could get onto that spreadsheet and then, more to the point, what we would then be able to take out of it as investment intelligence, it would be excellent!
Thanked by: Beachboy
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.