Bye bye - let's celebrate

Discussions on current sporting events, news etc
1960mackem

Bye bye - let's celebrate

Post by 1960mackem » Mon May 22 2017 5:26pm

David Moyes resigns as Sunderland boss - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40003697
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Re: Bye bye - let's celebrate

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 23 2017 9:37am

Why, Sunderland have been nearly demoted for several years, this was just the unlucky season.

Had hoped to be playing you next season and we will, only trouble is it is in the wrong league sigh
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

1960mackem

Post by 1960mackem » Tue May 23 2017 11:22am

I think the writing was on the wall after his first inspirational "We're Doomed"speech after a couple of weeks, He totally lost the support of the dressing room, the worst thing you can do at Sunderland. If you get the right manager then the players will get on board, then the fans and they'll become the twelfth man home or away. Sunderland always do better when they've got a man manager in charge, tactics and coaching come secondary - you've got to want to play football for the club not just for the money. i'll look forward to next season if we get the right one in charge.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 23 2017 12:32pm

1960mackem wrote:David Moyes resigns as Sunderland boss - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40003697

Be carful what you wish for, things may only get worse... :o

It may be the board you need to consider getting rid of and not the manager... :crazy:

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Tue May 23 2017 2:57pm

Not surprised by this as Moyes has said he was basically lied to about the money he'd have to strengthen the squad but that doesn't explain how badly he did considering Big Sam had that side and kept them up, Moyes seems to have been shaken by the Utd experience and has chosen poorly for his jobs since then.

As for Sunderland, time to go to town on that squad with a tomahawk and start again, won't be easy in the championship tho, ask Villa.

Speaking of Big Sam it looks as tho he's quitting Palace...

1960mackem

Post by 1960mackem » Tue May 23 2017 9:38pm

Sam Allardyce resigns as Crystal Palace manager after five months - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40021059

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 24 2017 8:24am

1960mackem wrote:I think the writing was on the wall after his first inspirational "We're Doomed"speech after a couple of weeks, He totally lost the support of the dressing room, the worst thing you can do at Sunderland. If you get the right manager then the players will get on board, then the fans and they'll become the twelfth man home or away. Sunderland always do better when they've got a man manager in charge, tactics and coaching come secondary - you've got to want to play football for the club not just for the money. i'll look forward to next season if we get the right one in charge.
i am not sure what happened but Norwich players and the manager seemed to have problems and maybe Neil should have gone earlier. But one thing I know is it is hard to stay in the Premiership and hard to get into it.

Good luck to your team and mine next season and go for it Brighton.Bournemouth and Southampton, keep the flag flying for the South (London is another country so those teams do not count as Southerners)
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Wed May 24 2017 4:35pm

Kevin Phillips is keen on the job, not sure if its the best move into management with all due respect to Sunderland, its going to be unstable to say the least with all the players leaving and having to assemble a new squad and he'll be expected to achieve promotion or at least compete.

Of course the fact that he's at Derby and I as a Derby fan like him being here has nothing to do with the above ;)

Oh Blyth it looks like a guy called Daniel Farke, a coach from Borussia Dortmund B, is set to be named Norwich manager.