Why Dont Merchants Listings State Maximum Time Allowed To Submit A Missing Cashback Claim

Spotted a problem on imutual? If it's not specific to your account, then post here and see if other members can help. Staff also monitor this forum and will reply as necessary
cccashbacklover

Why Dont Merchants Listings State Maximum Time Allowed To Submit A Missing Cashback Claim

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri Mar 06 2020 6:44am

Quidco/TCB state on each listing within what period claims must be submitted for each merchant
E.g Barclaycard via Quidco "The vast majority of transactions from merchants track successfully, occasionally a transaction may not get reported. If you believe this to be the case, please submit a "Missing Cashback" claim within 45 days of the transaction"

Via TCB - Same merchant - States claim must be submitted via 30 days

Nationwide credit card applied for 28th January, accepted instantly email confirmation of this 28/01/2020 18:34 ID had to be produced at a Branch which I visited the following day before card could be issued/account opened

Following a complaint to Nationwide relating to fact that I had not heard anything since branch visit I received phone call yesterday informing me card has now been issued, as i can now see account number within online banking I tried to submit a claim and get this message -

"!Claims for Nationwide Credit Cards transactions must be submitted promptly; in this case, for transactions from 31 Jan 2020 onwards. As we have no record of you using our link to visit Nationwide Credit Cards since that date, we are unable to accept your claim"

Nationwide Credit Cards 28 Jan 2020 18:24 Latest visit - My click history

Had it stated within special/general conditions that missing cashback claim had to be submitted within 28 days I would have done so and not waited for account to be formally opened/card issued ????
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Re: Why Dont Merchants Listings State Maximum Time Allowed To Submit A Missing Cashback Claim

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Mar 06 2020 7:12am

Contact Richard direct.
Thanked by: cccashbacklover
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

pabenny

Re: Why Dont Merchants Listings State Maximum Time Allowed To Submit A Missing Cashback Claim

Post by pabenny » Fri Mar 06 2020 11:13am

I think part of the answer is that the tiny resource available to IM means that maintaining the detail of merchant listings is low priority and in practice doesn't get done.

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri Mar 06 2020 11:18am

pabenny wrote:
Fri Mar 06 2020 11:13am
I think part of the answer is that the tiny resource available to IM means that maintaining the detail of merchant listings is low priority and in practice doesn't get done.
New listing the day that I applied for the credit card

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Mar 06 2020 11:28am

One more thing to the ever lengthening things we want Richard to do when he gets the new updates ready to go live
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri Mar 06 2020 11:39am

blythburgh wrote:
Fri Mar 06 2020 11:28am
One more thing to the ever lengthening things we want Richard to do when he gets the new updates ready to go live
Surely should have been included as a standard merchant listing condition when site was created for all the merchants, Quidco appear to have a standard 45 day period stated on all listings whereas TCB appear to have a standard 30 day period stated on all listings, Imutual appear to have a standard period built into its system.

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Mar 06 2020 12:59pm

Firstly, if you get the message that you've run out of time to submit a claim then please send us a query. We always be flexible on this, so long as you're not so late that the merchant will refuse to look into it

The "claims window" is the same for almost all merchants; within 6 weeks of the transaction date or, in the case of rejected/incorrect cashback, within 4 weeks of them appearing on your statement. We could certainly add this to each merchant description; I'd be tempted to put it under "General conditions" so as not to create unnecessary 'clutter' and distract from more significant statistics
Thanked by: cccashbacklover

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Fri Mar 06 2020 1:20pm

Thanks, missing/non tracked cashback must be built into system within 4 weeks as 6 weeks are not up yet since 28 January transaction date.