Bye Bye Love......

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
macliam

Bye Bye Love......

Post by macliam » Sun Aug 22 2021 1:44pm

Don Everly, the last of the Everly Brothers, has died aged 84 from a heart attack in his Nashville home.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58297621

The Everly Brothers were famous for their harmonies and Paul Simon said "Phil and Don were the most beautiful sounding duo I ever heard. Both voices pristine and soulful. The Everlys were there at the crossroads of country and R&B. They witnessed and were part of the birth of rock and roll."
(Don is on the left)

Yet actually the brothers had a rocky relationship - at one point hardly talking to each other for 10 years. Don was the elder of the two and had drug problems early on, which contributed to their eventual breakup, but they also had opposing political views as well as wanting more artistic independence. Phil Everly died in 2014 from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRwJTOgmoU
Another page closed.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Re: Bye Bye Love......

Post by blythburgh » Mon Aug 23 2021 9:44am

Sad news but at least despite everything he lived a long life.

And proof that brotherly love does not always exist in families. The Aunt of 'im indoors used to say to her daughter, "I will look after one but not both of your sons." They really did not get on, so totally different. Now fine young adults, working in totally different jobs but really close and caring brothers.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler