Nothing compared to her....

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
macliam

Nothing compared to her....

Post by macliam » Thu Jul 27 2023 4:51pm

Shuhada' Sadaqat, previously Magda Davitt, born Sinéad Marie Bernadette O'Connor on 8 December 1966, died in London, 26 July 2023

So the tragic story that was Sinéad's life has come to a close. In the words of a song she recorded, "Óró Sé do Beatha ‘Bhaile", she was a lady who was so troubled. On the death by suicide of her 17 year-old son, Shane, in January 2021, she was hospitalized after indicating an intention to join him..... now they are together.

I can think of no better way to mark her passing than with this ethereal song. Sinéad and the Chieftains, seemingly with us forever and now all gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9oYcxd5qlE
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam

Re: Nothing compared to her....

Post by macliam » Tue Jan 09 2024 3:24pm

I see Southwark Coroner's Court has ruled that Sinéad O'Connor's death was due to "natural causes" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67926255

Not quite the headline that assumptions surrounding her untimely death aroused at the time... "heavily addicted" to prescription drugs", etc.

Whatever the cause, the same loss..... just a shame that some would want to diminish it.

Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Re: Nothing compared to her....

Post by blythburgh » Thu Jan 11 2024 10:40am

I am glad it was natural causes. Nothing eases the pain of her death for her family and close friends. But at least this ruling means there is not more pain and a feeling "if I had tried to help her more" is removed
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler