FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Discussions on current sporting events, news etc
kevinchess1
Posts: 23289
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12157 times
Been thanked: 16532 times
Contact:

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:48 pm

expressman33 wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote: But no one posting about who they think will win it
probably the luckiest team still to be in the comp,Argentina
Punters/fans will talk about ;sleeping giants', 'slow starters' and 'Class not form'
But it's all nonsense. The teams that win the WC hit the ground running and pick up speed
They may have an odd poor game but only 1
The best team wins
The 2nd best team gets beat by the best team
The 3rd best team loses to one of those 2 and so on
The team that will win wont have stumbled out of the group stages like mackem leaving the pub
THEY will have qualified easily
So you can forget about
Spain
Denmark
Mexico
Sweden
Japan
Colombia
The other factor is not how many goals scored but goals conceeded
WC winners have less that a goal a game scored agaist them
So you can forget about
Switzerland
Leaves
France
Brazil
Belgium
England
Croatia
Russia
Colombia

Knock out non Europeans and the the Host nations
France
Belgium
England
Croatia


One of teams will win
One of the others will make the semis
and one more will make the quarters
Thanked by: Boro Boy, xxxraichxxx
Politically incorrect since 69

kevinchess1
Posts: 23289
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12157 times
Been thanked: 16532 times
Contact:

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:33 pm

'Don't cry for free Argentina
Politically incorrect since 69

gle1975
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:43 am
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 126 times
Contact:

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by gle1975 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:49 pm

I always have a bet on the other team playing England in the knockout stages so I get a consolation if England lose. I normally bet on the other team to win on penalties - so I have had some big wins in the past - 2004, 2006 and 2012. I did not bet on Iceland as I thought they had no chance!

I thought Columbia to win 2-1 is a good bet at 14-1 as a change from the penalties bet.

Also I can get a free bet by signing up through a cashback site.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2013 times

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:15 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
expressman33 wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote: But no one posting about who they think will win it
probably the luckiest team still to be in the comp,Argentina
Punters/fans will talk about ;sleeping giants', 'slow starters' and 'Class not form'
But it's all nonsense. The teams that win the WC hit the ground running and pick up speed
They may have an odd poor game but only 1
The best team wins
The 2nd best team gets beat by the best team
The 3rd best team loses to one of those 2 and so on
The team that will win wont have stumbled out of the group stages like mackem leaving the pub
THEY will have qualified easily
So you can forget about
Spain
Denmark
Mexico
Sweden
Japan
Colombia
The other factor is not how many goals scored but goals conceeded
WC winners have less that a goal a game scored agaist them
So you can forget about
Switzerland
Leaves
France
Brazil
Belgium
England
Croatia
Russia
Colombia

Knock out non Europeans and the the Host nations
France
Belgium
England
Croatia


One of teams will win
One of the others will make the semis
and one more will make the quarters
Don't forget about the VAR Effect...
and don't write off Mexico...!!!

kevinchess1
Posts: 23289
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12157 times
Been thanked: 16532 times
Contact:

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Not too worried about the VAR and I fancy Mexico to do Brazil
I might put Uruguay back in
Politically incorrect since 69

macliam
Posts: 9151
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1412 times
Been thanked: 7390 times
Contact:

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by macliam » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:58 pm

Boro Boy wrote:Don't forget about the VAR Effect...
and don't write off Mexico...!!!
.... or Russia!

Not a pretty game, but they exploited the fact that the old Spanish attack was a busted flush. After the game with Portugal, they looked similar - except Spain didn't have Ronaldo. The Spanish team may be looking for asylum in Russia - because if England expoectations are high....... :wtf:

Cesc Fabregas "It's a great team, look at the names...", yeah Cesc, just look, they just didn't have a plan B. Failures.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

expressman33
Posts: 11118
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2701 times
Been thanked: 10203 times
Contact:

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by expressman33 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:32 pm

kevinchess1 wrote: But it's all nonsense. The teams that win the WC hit the ground running and pick up speed
They may have an odd poor game but only 1
The best team wins
The 2nd best team gets beat by the best team
The 3rd best team loses to one of those 2 and so on
The best team doesn't always win , not even the best team on the day. That's how bookies make their money
Thanked by: stockportcounty

kevinchess1
Posts: 23289
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12157 times
Been thanked: 16532 times
Contact:

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:40 pm

I disagree
I cant think of a WC where the best team didn't win
MAYBE iTALIA 90 :?:
Thanked by: Boro Boy, stockportcounty
Politically incorrect since 69

Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2013 times

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:15 pm

I just hope the England match doesn't go to penalties...!!! :think:
Thanked by: stockportcounty

pieman
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:02 pm
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 454 times
Contact:

Re: FIFA World Cup 2018/Sepp Blatter

Post by pieman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:47 am

Boro Boy wrote:I just hope the England match doesn't go to penalties...!!! :think:
I think I read somewhere that only 4 of the England squad have ever taken a penalty in a competitive match !! :shock:
Thanked by: Boro Boy, stockportcounty

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests