Re: Religious Fans atics

Post by Chadwick » Tue Aug 13 2019 8:10pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Aug 13 2019 4:21pm
Chadwick wrote:
Tue Aug 13 2019 1:35pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Aug 13 2019 1:07am

Well a branch of McDonalds would get a lot of people to "come along" but it's hardly the place to have one in a church. :think:
Why not?

Is it not appropriate for the church to offer sustenance to the hungry and thirsty? Given fast food is generally cheaper than a sit-down restaurant, you could possibly argue it is a service to the poor too.
Yes they could also take down the cross and erect a big golden ""M" in it's place and instead of the scriptures readings could be given from the menu of Ronald... So many dedicated people across all religions may find this more inviting than the standard Christian Church environment...!
I'm not sure how that would make people's lives better. :eh:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Aug 14 2019 9:29am

in case Boro Boy missed this I have reposted it as I would like an answer

Are you a church going Anglican? Guess it is up to them and especially those in the diocese of Norwich whether or not it should have been allowed. As one of them I am in support of it.

What about the science thing they had in Ely Cathedral to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing? it included many non religious stuff including a gigantic model of the moon suspended in the cathedral. Would you have banned that as well?

https://www.elycathedral.org/events-arc ... -the-limit
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Aug 14 2019 11:21am

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Aug 14 2019 9:29am
in case Boro Boy missed this I have reposted it as I would like an answer

Are you a church going Anglican? Guess it is up to them and especially those in the diocese of Norwich whether or not it should have been allowed. As one of them I am in support of it.

What about the science thing they had in Ely Cathedral to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing? it included many non religious stuff including a gigantic model of the moon suspended in the cathedral. Would you have banned that as well?

https://www.elycathedral.org/events-arc ... -the-limit
I am not a church going Anglican and unlikely to be in the future but what that has to do with the price of bread and passing a comment on an obvious anomaly I do not know...

The Moon... well I guess that is a little less trivial than what is happening elsewhere but still an unusual event from what you would expect at a major religious site.

The pendulum may swing so watch out for the return of the Inquisition...!!!

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Aug 15 2019 10:58am

So basically Boro Boy it is nothing to do with you what Norwich Cathedral does or does not have in its interior.

Another Cathedral has a crazy golf to amuse the children and encourage the adults to visit during summer. More visitors and more people attending the services.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Aug 15 2019 11:05am

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Aug 15 2019 10:58am
So basically Boro Boy it is nothing to do with you what Norwich Cathedral does or does not have in its interior.

Another Cathedral (Rochester) has a crazy golf to amuse the children and encourage the adults to visit during summer. More visitors and more people attending the services.
Visitors to Rochester Cathedral compared to previous years have more than doubled since it was installed.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Aug 15 2019 1:35pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15 2019 11:05am
blythburgh wrote:

Another Cathedral (Rochester) has a crazy golf to amuse the children and encourage the adults to visit during summer. More visitors and more people attending the services.
Visitors to Rochester Cathedral compared to previous years have more than doubled since it was installed.
...and do they play golf during the services? :wtf:

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Aug 16 2019 6:48am

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Aug 15 2019 1:35pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15 2019 11:05am
blythburgh wrote:

...and do they play golf during the services? :wtf:
How stupid are your comments going to get. Not an Anglican so nothing to do with you. But the extra people attending services shows it works.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Aug 16 2019 7:20am

blythburgh wrote:
Fri Aug 16 2019 6:48am
... Not an Anglican so nothing to do with you..
Nonsense. AFAIK, you're not a member of the Conservative party but you commented on the leadership election. You're not a member of the investment club here but have commented on it's activities. Etc.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Fri Aug 16 2019 6:23pm

blythburgh wrote:
Not an Anglican so nothing to do with you. But the extra people attending services shows it works.
We are allowed to have opinions about things we do not control or influence.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Aug 17 2019 10:31am

Chadwick wrote:
Fri Aug 16 2019 6:23pm
blythburgh wrote:
Not an Anglican so nothing to do with you. But the extra people attending services shows it works.
We are allowed to have opinions about things we do not control or influence.

What bugs me is non churchgoers objecting to anything happening in a church that has not happened for centuries. Or changing the post WW2 pews for chairs as happened in mine. The objectors were people who never came to services but those who did were in favour.