Brexit

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Boro Boy

Re: Brexit

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Oct 05 2019 10:25pm

Derbiean wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 10:16pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 9:19pm
Derbiean wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 7:56am
The first link claiming that 300 businesses support leaving the EU is over 3 years old and its highly likely that the majority if not all will have changed their minds considering the utter ****show the tories have made in trying to negotiate a withdrawal agreement.

The second link starts by saying "The majority of big British business leaders are worried about the potential fallout from a no-deal Brexit." which completely negates your already poorly sourced first link and furthermore the people quoted in the second link offer no actual reasons for why we would be better off outside the EU beyond the usual rubbish of the EU needing us more than we need them, they'll come to us, blah blah blah.

Cannot say much about the third link seeing as its stuck behind a paywall but sufficient it is to say that anyone saying that brexit is nothing to worry about is an idiot by default.

So in summary boring boy, do your own homework properly in future.
The lengthy list was a distraction with entries that were incorrect, just scratching the surface and I found two entries wrong then a CEO who had no worries and was expanding his business and thats rejected by the Remoaners because it doesn't fit there cause... And just because something is 3 years old doesn't make it wrong! So you do your home work - the third link is not a pay wall and I thought you were capable of getting past it but perhaps not...! :wave:
Wrong, wrong and wrong...is it that you Boris?? :lol:
You can speak Chinese :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Sat Oct 05 2019 11:04pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 9:39pm
Sarah wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 8:06am
The third link was about McDonalds, another leisure industry player like Wetherspoons that doesn't export anything!
What has that got to do with it? Half the long list weren't even businesses...!!! :crazy:
Is a University a business, yes or no?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sat Oct 05 2019 11:12pm

Boro Boy wrote:
The lengthy list was a distraction with entries that were incorrect, just scratching the surface and I found two entries wrong then a CEO who had no worries and was expanding his business and thats rejected by the Remoaners because it doesn't fit there cause... And just because something is 3 years old doesn't make it wrong! So you do your home work - the third link is not a pay wall and I thought you were capable of getting past it but perhaps not...! :wave:
Oh, Boro Boy. I feel bad for you sometimes.

Generally, businesses are not happy about the extra (and currently unknown) admin and costs that brexit will bring. They aren't happy about the diminished opportunities. Some face problems with staffing, others with high import costs. There are exceptions - my employer is doing alright out of it. We offer short-term asset rental and in the current uncertainty, companies are preferring not to commit to long-term or ownership. But we source the assets from abroad and we are facing issues there. The additional costs will be passed on to our our customers, who will pass them on to theirs until eventually they are passed on to the retail customer.
You will I am sure find exceptions, but be careful - how many of them are saying they will survive, or that the cost is worth it? How many are genuinely expecting to thrive as a result of brexit?

As yet, no-one is predicting that brexit will bring any benefits. The best we hear is that 'no-one knows' and 'we don't have a crystal ball', or even 'we survived the war, we can survive Brexit'. It's hardly inspiring. The only people who believe brexit will bring a better future are the financiers who have betted on the pound dropping in value.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Oct 05 2019 11:24pm

Chadwick wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 11:12pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Oh, Boro Boy. I feel bad for you sometimes.

Generally, businesses are not happy about the extra (and currently unknown) admin and costs that brexit will bring. They aren't happy about the diminished opportunities. Some face problems with staffing, others with high import costs. There are exceptions - my employer is doing alright out of it. We offer short-term asset rental and in the current uncertainty, companies are preferring not to commit to long-term or ownership. But we source the assets from abroad and we are facing issues there. The additional costs will be passed on to our our customers, who will pass them on to theirs until eventually they are passed on to the retail customer.
You will I am sure find exceptions, but be careful - how many of them are saying they will survive, or that the cost is worth it? How many are genuinely expecting to thrive as a result of brexit?

As yet, no-one is predicting that brexit will bring any benefits. The best we hear is that 'no-one knows' and 'we don't have a crystal ball', or even 'we survived the war, we can survive Brexit'. It's hardly inspiring. The only people who believe brexit will bring a better future are the financiers who have betted on the pound dropping in value.
I feel bad for you as well sometimes, you obviously have a problem reading previous entries and as you obviously didn't read this so I will repeat it here for you:

300+ Business Leaders supporting Brexit here are: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/0 ... -a-brexit/

Additionally, Aston Martin appear to be on your list but after reading this newspaper link you should perhaps remove it: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ing-brexit

And another to delete, here the CEO says no reason to be nervous about Brexit and plans are to expand: https://www.marketingweek.com/mcdonalds-brexit/

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Oct 06 2019 7:50am

Boro Boy, why do you have to insult half the country by calling us remoaners?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sun Oct 06 2019 9:56am

As Mr Chadwick points out, the reality is that businesses are facing immediate downside from Brexit - all the extra admin, the costs of stockpiling inventory, compounded by uncertainty about the future state. There may be future benefits (I don't think so, but put that debate to one side).

But the Leavers seem completely unable to see or appreciate the immediate difficulties resulting from both Brexit itself and the months of uncertainty.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Sun Oct 06 2019 10:01am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 10:25pm
Derbiean wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 10:16pm
Boro Boy wrote:

Wrong, wrong and wrong...is it that you Boris?? :lol:
You can speak Chinese :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:
I take offence to that, i can speak mandarin :mrgreen:

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Oct 06 2019 10:01am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 11:24pm
300+ Business Leaders supporting Brexit here are: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/0 ... -a-brexit/
300+ Business Leaders supported Brexit 3 years ago when it was all about Norway+ and staying in the single market. You may have voted for that in 2016, but your vote has been used to justify something else, something that wasn't an option and until recently was a million-to-one chance. Brexit has changed since May 2016. Your information is out of date.
Thanked by: blythburgh, parchedpeas, emsky

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Oct 06 2019 3:32pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 11:04pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 8:06am
The third link was about McDonalds, another leisure industry player like Wetherspoons that doesn't export anything!
What has that got to do with it? Half the long list weren't even businesses...!!! :crazy:
Yes, they provide education in return for a profit.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Sun Oct 06 2019 3:56pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Sun Oct 06 2019 3:32pm
parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Oct 05 2019 11:04pm
Boro Boy wrote:

Yes, they provide education in return for a profit.
I agree. They also bring a lot of money in from abroad by selling education to foreign students. And research etc. They are as relevant as Wetherspoons and his obsession with French Brandy.