Has Johnson got it wrong again?

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Has Johnson got it wrong again?

Post by blythburgh » Tue Oct 08 2019 11:39am

Led by Dominic Cummings IMHO Johnson is determined to leave the EU on 31st Oct. without a deal. But the mood in the country judged by the number of votes in the elections this year moving from pro brexit parties to anti brexit ones.

We have Extinction Rebellion on the streets of London and Johnson calls them "crusties". Amongst the demonstrators from Norwich are City Councillors, including one whose day job is to teach at the University of East Anglia.

Many people are in agreement with them over the danger to our world of Global Warming even if we would not actually be in favour of what Extinction Rebellion are doing in London etc.

So is it wise to call them "crusties" when you are going to need every vote you can get in the GE you are determined to call ASAP? He should remember many Tory voters also voted Remain in the referendum and many Tory voters are worried about Global Warming.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Re: Has Johnson got it wrong again?

Post by expressman33 » Tue Oct 08 2019 1:55pm

I wonder how many of the Extinction Rebellion will be walking or cycling home after they have finished protesting .

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Tue Oct 08 2019 3:27pm

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Oct 08 2019 11:39am
Led by Dominic Cummings IMHO Johnson is determined to leave the EU on 31st Oct. without a deal. But the mood in the country judged by the number of votes in the elections this year moving from pro brexit parties to anti brexit ones.
As I have pointed out before on at least two occasions, the number of votes in the elections this year showed nothing of the kind. The 2019 Euros showed a clear leave majority.

Why do you keep repeating that lie?
blythburgh wrote:
We have Extinction Rebellion on the streets of London and Johnson calls them "crusties". Amongst the demonstrators from Norwich are City Councillors, including one whose day job is to teach at the University of East Anglia.

Many people are in agreement with them over the danger to our world of Global Warming even if we would not actually be in favour of what Extinction Rebellion are doing in London etc.

So is it wise to call them "crusties" when you are going to need every vote you can get in the GE you are determined to call ASAP? He should remember many Tory voters also voted Remain in the referendum and many Tory voters are worried about Global Warming.
I don't believe that there is any law preventing crusties serving as Norwich City Councillors, or indeed teaching at the University of East Anglia. Of course. I can't say whether or not any of them will be able to continue to do so once they become crusties with a criminal conviction. :)

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Oct 09 2019 4:28am

Fasten your seat belts.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Oct 09 2019 10:58am

Constantine wrote:
Tue Oct 08 2019 3:27pm
blythburgh wrote:
As I have pointed out before on at least two occasions, the number of votes in the elections this year showed nothing of the kind. The 2019 Euros showed a clear leave majority.

Why do you refuse to accept that the remain supporting parties have got a higher % of the votes in all the elections this year compared to the last time they were held?

Not saying that the Leave vote would not be the biggest in a People's Vote but the Remain vote in other elections is growing. And maybe that is why Leavers are so opposed to a People's Vote, they are scared of coming 2nd this time. I am happy to have a People's Vote and accept whatever the outcome is. How many Leaver's are prepared to do that?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Oct 09 2019 1:19pm

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Oct 09 2019 10:58am
Constantine wrote:
Tue Oct 08 2019 3:27pm
blythburgh wrote:

Why do you refuse to accept that the remain supporting parties have got a higher % of the votes in all the elections this year compared to the last time they were held?

Not saying that the Leave vote would not be the biggest in a People's Vote but the Remain vote in other elections is growing. And maybe that is why Leavers are so opposed to a People's Vote, they are scared of coming 2nd this time. I am happy to have a People's Vote and accept whatever the outcome is. How many Leaver's are prepared to do that?
Perhas the title should read: Blythburgh has got it wrong again...!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Oct 09 2019 1:21pm

expressman33 wrote:
Tue Oct 08 2019 1:55pm
I wonder how many of the Extinction Rebellion will be walking or cycling home after they have finished protesting .
you forgot: ...and switching off their diesel generators and visiting McDonalds for lunch!!! :wtf:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Oct 09 2019 9:45pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Oct 09 2019 1:21pm
expressman33 wrote:
Tue Oct 08 2019 1:55pm
you forgot: ...and switching off their diesel generators and visiting McDonalds for lunch!!! :wtf:
LOL.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Constantine

Post by Constantine » Wed Oct 09 2019 10:09pm

blythburgh wrote:

Because I got an A in O-level maths. :)

In the 2019 Euro elections the four Leave parties Labour/Conservative/Brexit/UKIP got 56% of the vote, compared to the 52% that voted Leave in the 2016 referendum.

In the 2014 Euros the only Leave party was UKIP and they got 27%. But then, that was before the 2016 referendum, and a number of parties have adopted a different position as a result. Nevertheless it means that Remain parties got massively fewer votes in 2019 than they did in 2014.
blythburgh wrote:

We have already had a People's Vote in 2016. Why aren't you prepared to accept that outcome?
Thanked by: Boro Boy

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Wed Oct 09 2019 10:59pm

Constantine wrote:
Wed Oct 09 2019 10:09pm
blythburgh wrote:

Because I got an A in O-level maths. :)

In the 2019 Euro elections the four Leave parties Labour/Conservative/Brexit/UKIP got 56% of the vote, compared to the 52% that voted Leave in the 2016 referendum.
Both wrong - The euro elections were not a Brexit referendum