And they are off...! General Election 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Derbiean

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by Derbiean » Wed Nov 20 2019 11:20am

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2019 11:01am
Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2019 1:56am
blythburgh wrote:
Tue Nov 19 2019 10:59am
I can see jobs being lost if Labour nationalise the internet part of BT but a helluva lot more will be lost if Brexit happens.
And, no, Boro Boy, I will not be voting Labour. A wasted vote in my constituency and for a party I cannot support due to the way militant have taken over. Same as I cannot vote for the Tories due to the hard right takeover of the party. I could weep every time a middle of the road MP or Councillor announces they are quitting or will not be standing again. These people represent the majority of those who actually vote for their party. Membership has become so polarised in both main parties.
I'm glad you are at least not voting Labour Party, their biggest problem is they just love spending other peoples money and leaving huge debts behind them. But hey, you can't possibly be considering the Liberal Un-Democrats…!?! Do you recall Jo Swinson dismissing Johnson and Corbyn as ‘white men’. When did it become acceptable to attack people for their skin colour? As long as ‘white’ is used as an insult from the Liberal Un-Democrats the slippery slope begins...
You expect me to vote for a hard right party run by the philandering lying Johnson or the hard right non party run by Farage which has made the decent Tory party into his odious image. No thanks I am not that stupid
The Lib Dems = The tories. Check how many tory mp's have transferred to them a vote for them is a vote for the tories. Labour is the only viable choice no amount of propaganda changes that.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Nov 20 2019 2:32pm

Derbiean wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2019 11:20am
blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2019 1:56am

I'm glad you are at least not voting Labour Party, their biggest problem is they just love spending other peoples money and leaving huge debts behind them. But hey, you can't possibly be considering the Liberal Un-Democrats…!?! Do you recall Jo Swinson dismissing Johnson and Corbyn as ‘white men’. When did it become acceptable to attack people for their skin colour? As long as ‘white’ is used as an insult from the Liberal Un-Democrats the slippery slope begins...
You expect me to vote for a hard right party run by the philandering lying Johnson or the hard right non party run by Farage which has made the decent Tory party into his odious image. No thanks I am not that stupid
The Lib Dems = The tories. Check how many tory mp's have transferred to them a vote for them is a vote for the tories. Labour is the only viable choice no amount of propaganda changes that.
The present Labour Party has been hi-jacked by the left and is offering a package of tried and tested failure along with a great expense and waste. Those of us old enough to remember nationalised industry will also remember the great frustration, lack of incentive, great drain on the budget and failure they all were! Take us back to the 1940's and you may get 1940's results...!

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Wed Nov 20 2019 3:00pm

It's true we are offered a poor choice between Boris who will lie and manipulate to get his way, even as far as unlawfully suspending Parliament (our only directly elected representatives); and Corbyn whose policies are idealistic and expensive.
For many people Brexit is still a big issue, and that further complicates the issue, as the party matching their opinion on Brexit may contradict their 'normal' political inclinations.

We'll see lots of arguing but always inconclusively because the Conservatives and Labour are so far apart there is very little chance of persuading anyone to change their vote. All we can do is take potshots at each side's shortcomings.

Roll up, roll up. The Greatest Shitshow on Earth.
Last edited by Chadwick on Thu Nov 21 2019 2:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: expressman33, blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Nov 20 2019 3:05pm

Chadwick wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2019 3:00pm
It's true we are offered a poor choice between Boris who will lie and manipulate to get his way, even as far as unlawfully suspending Parliament (our only directly elected representatives); and Corbyn whose policies are idealistic and expensive.
For many people Brexit is still a big issue, and that further complicates the issue, as the party matching their opinion on Brexit may contradict their 'normal' political inclinations.

We'll see lots of arguing but always inconclusively because the Conservatives and the Tories are so far apart there is very little chance of persuading anyone to change their vote. All we can do is take potshots at each side's shortcomings.

Roll up, roll up. The Greatest Shitshow on Earth.
+1
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Wed Nov 20 2019 4:03pm

Chadwick wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2019 3:00pm
We'll see lots of arguing but always inconclusively because the Conservatives and the Tories are so far apart there is very little chance of persuading anyone to change their vote. All we can do is take potshots at each side's shortcomings.
Labour and the Tories
Thanked by: Chadwick

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Wed Nov 20 2019 11:21pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2019 2:32pm
Derbiean wrote:
blythburgh wrote:

The present Labour Party has been hi-jacked by the left and is offering a package of tried and tested failure along with a great expense and waste. Those of us old enough to remember nationalised industry will also remember the great frustration, lack of incentive, great drain on the budget and failure they all were! Take us back to the 1940's and you may get 1940's results...!
Oh how dare the left have a political party :roll: because the right has no representation whatsoever. Also, keep the tories in power and you'll get the 1940's alright, the country in ruins.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Nov 21 2019 11:49am

Derbiean wrote:

What rubbish. Tories and Labour MPs, Councillors and members have become so disillusioned with the hard right/left takeover of their party they have joined the LibDems. Others have quit their party without joining the LibDems.

The only viable choice to a Tory Govt. is to see who came second in your constituency last time and vote for them. Labour a lot of the time but not always. And in my case only the Tories can win. Over 50% in the 2015 election and an even bigger majority in the 2017 one. I cannot see them getting less than 50% tbh. If I thought they would not I would hold my nose and vote for the odious woman who is the Labour Candidate here. In the same way I gave my 3rd vote to Labour in the last local council election. That was easy as I was voting for a decent man and excellent Councillor.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Nov 21 2019 11:51am

And as Boro Boy has it in for Jo Swinson and her remark about white men. Well in the leadership election I voted for the white man who came 2nd
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Thu Nov 21 2019 12:19pm

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 11:49am
Derbiean wrote:

What rubbish. Tories and Labour MPs, Councillors and members have become so disillusioned with the hard right/left takeover of their party they have joined the LibDems. Others have quit their party without joining the LibDems.

The only viable choice to a Tory Govt. is to see who came second in your constituency last time and vote for them. Labour a lot of the time but not always. And in my case only the Tories can win. Over 50% in the 2015 election and an even bigger majority in the 2017 one. I cannot see them getting less than 50% tbh. If I thought they would not I would hold my nose and vote for the odious woman who is the Labour Candidate here. In the same way I gave my 3rd vote to Labour in the last local council election. That was easy as I was voting for a decent man and excellent Councillor.
Not as rubbish as you're consistent ridiculous claim of Labour being hard left, they are just left despite the screaming from the right wing press.
Thanked by: Kelantan

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Nov 22 2019 12:01am

Derbiean wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 12:19pm
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 11:49am
Derbiean wrote:

Not as rubbish as you're consistent ridiculous claim of Labour being hard left, they are just left despite the screaming from the right wing press.
You're right, the Labour Party of today are just left! The left believe in spending the Nations money to the stage of near bankruptcy and when that is not enough they borrow, and then borrow and borrow again to the stage where our Grand Children will still be paying for the promises of the "cake today" policies!

The hard left will just ensure that we do everything they say and scorn and penalise anyone who opposes them or even suggests that their policy is wrong and may be flawed! :think: