And they are off...! General Election 2019

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Boro Boy

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 23 2019 3:01am

macliam wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 6:24pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 6:16pm
macliam wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 6:00pm

Just conjecture and begrudgery, nothing more - and no answer to the point raised (as usual), just a repetition of the original post. The biggest problem with Britain is people who cannot see that the past does not determine the future, or that there are better ways to do things. It's hard to move forward when you're always looking backward.
You seem to be a member of the club who doesn't want to learn from the past so the result is you end up making the same mistakes time and time again... and that is a very expensive club to retain membership I'm told.
You seem to be someone who has their head so firmly stuck in the past that they can't see the future. But of course, you only know what your masters tell you to know. You still haven't answered why you think so little of your fellow countrymen that you don't believe they can make as much success of nationalised industry as others have. But then, that would mean doing something different and accepting that, perhaps, you have something to learn, eh?
You must have missed the following your head must be stuck somewhere: "You seem to be a member of the club who doesn't want to learn from the past so the result is you end up making the same mistakes time and time again... and that is a very expensive club to retain membership I'm told."

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Nov 23 2019 7:36am

Oh dear. Back on personal insults and bickering.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Nov 23 2019 10:38am

Derbiean wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 12:19pm
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 11:49am
Derbiean wrote:
Wed Nov 20 2019 11:20am

The Lib Dems = The tories. Check how many tory mp's have transferred to them a vote for them is a vote for the tories. Labour is the only viable choice no amount of propaganda changes that.
What rubbish. Tories and Labour MPs, Councillors and members have become so disillusioned with the hard right/left takeover of their party they have joined the LibDems. Others have quit their party without joining the LibDems.

The only viable choice to a Tory Govt. is to see who came second in your constituency last time and vote for them. Labour a lot of the time but not always. And in my case only the Tories can win. Over 50% in the 2015 election and an even bigger majority in the 2017 one. I cannot see them getting less than 50% tbh. If I thought they would not I would hold my nose and vote for the odious woman who is the Labour Candidate here. In the same way I gave my 3rd vote to Labour in the last local council election. That was easy as I was voting for a decent man and excellent Councillor.
Not as rubbish as you're consistent ridiculous claim of Labour being hard left, they are just left despite the screaming from the right wing press.
No the current Labour party has been taken over by Momentum formerly Millitant and that is why so many MP's, Councillors and members have quit.

In my area the woman who was in the letter page of the local rag so often voicing support for Jeremy Corbyn was the Leader of the Labour group on our local Council and candidate in the last Election. Then she quit as leader of the Labour group and as a Councillor. I heard from a friend who has Labour party friends that the Councillors were fed up with her and made it plain how they felt. Next Council election she stood in a very safe Labour seat as opposed to the less safe seat she had previously resigned from. And she is now the Labour Candidate in my constituency once again. I can only assume that the hard left who have joined the party out voted the middle of the road members and Councillors. She is not the only Labour Councillor locally who quit the party due to the hard left line nationally and among local activists.
Thanked by: Boro Boy
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Nov 23 2019 10:40am

pabenny wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 7:36am
Just like the would be MP's and Govt. ministers when talking about the opposition
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Nov 23 2019 10:41am

pabenny wrote:
I am afraid you are right! But I never start it and always give back as good as I get, so direct your comments towards them. I've much earlier given up saying this environment should not happen...

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Nov 23 2019 10:45am

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 10:38am
Derbiean wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 12:19pm
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Nov 21 2019 11:49am

What rubbish. Tories and Labour MPs, Councillors and members have become so disillusioned with the hard right/left takeover of their party they have joined the LibDems. Others have quit their party without joining the LibDems.

The only viable choice to a Tory Govt. is to see who came second in your constituency last time and vote for them. Labour a lot of the time but not always. And in my case only the Tories can win. Over 50% in the 2015 election and an even bigger majority in the 2017 one. I cannot see them getting less than 50% tbh. If I thought they would not I would hold my nose and vote for the odious woman who is the Labour Candidate here. In the same way I gave my 3rd vote to Labour in the last local council election. That was easy as I was voting for a decent man and excellent Councillor.
Not as rubbish as you're consistent ridiculous claim of Labour being hard left, they are just left despite the screaming from the right wing press.
No the current Labour party has been taken over by Momentum formerly Millitant and that is why so many MP's, Councillors and members have quit.

In my area the woman who was in the letter page of the local rag so often voicing support for Jeremy Corbyn was the Leader of the Labour group on our local Council and candidate in the last Election. Then she quit as leader of the Labour group and as a Councillor. I heard from a friend who has Labour party friends that the Councillors were fed up with her and made it plain how they felt. Next Council election she stood in a very safe Labour seat as opposed to the less safe seat she had previously resigned from. And she is now the Labour Candidate in my constituency once again. I can only assume that the hard left who have joined the party out voted the middle of the road members and Councillors. She is not the only Labour Councillor locally who quit the party due to the hard left line nationally and among local activists.
All of this maybe interesting to some people. But it has nothing to do with the merits or otherwise of the various parties. It would appear that the membership of imutual is actually not interested in the policies, but just the gossip and the opportunity to trade insults.
Thanked by: pabenny

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Nov 23 2019 1:28pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 10:41am
pabenny wrote:
But I never start it and always give back as good as I get, so direct your comments towards them.
It doesn't really matter who started it. Responding in kind makes you look just as bad.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Nov 23 2019 1:47pm

I didn't realise a General Election was due, until I heard Maureen Lipman was cancelling her life long membership of the Labour Party.

AGAIN
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Nov 23 2019 3:32pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Nov 23 2019 3:01am
macliam wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 6:24pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Nov 22 2019 6:16pm

You seem to be a member of the club who doesn't want to learn from the past so the result is you end up making the same mistakes time and time again... and that is a very expensive club to retain membership I'm told.
You seem to be someone who has their head so firmly stuck in the past that they can't see the future. But of course, you only know what your masters tell you to know. You still haven't answered why you think so little of your fellow countrymen that you don't believe they can make as much success of nationalised industry as others have. But then, that would mean doing something different and accepting that, perhaps, you have something to learn, eh?
You must have missed the following your head must be stuck somewhere: "You seem to be a member of the club who doesn't want to learn from the past so the result is you end up making the same mistakes time and time again... and that is a very expensive club to retain membership I'm told."
Fistly, learn to construct English sentences according to the rules of grammar. Secondly, I recommend the adage "If you've nothing to say, best say nothing". Perhaps it should be your motto.....
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sat Nov 23 2019 6:23pm

Well this is possibly the least constructive election debate since the one on TV the other day.

Perhaps we should draw a line here and start this thread again, discussing politics rather than each other's dubious grasp of what's going on.