Citizen Khan wants Londoners to all wear masks...

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Boro Boy

Re: Citizen Khan wants Londoners to all wear masks...

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Apr 20 2020 6:31pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Apr 20 2020 10:21am
Sarah wrote:
Sun Apr 19 2020 9:06am
It seems unlike you to be jumping onboard a racial epithet blythburgh. Sadiq Khan was born in Tooting. The sitcom is set in Birmingham. I don't think the two of them look or sound remotely alike.
It was a play on the constant and nasty "Citizen Khan" references to Mayor Sadiq Khan. i do realise the difference in a real person and one that only exists in the imagination of the scriptwriter and the skill of all those who bring the series to our TV etc screens.

One Khan is a hard working man who can never please everyone and the other Khan is a great sitcom invention
"hard working"???? Where is your evidence for that? He may only just break into a sweat when he does his own self promotion and thats about it! :wtf:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Apr 21 2020 8:27am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Apr 20 2020 6:31pm
blythburgh wrote:
Mon Apr 20 2020 10:21am
Sarah wrote:
Sun Apr 19 2020 9:06am
It seems unlike you to be jumping onboard a racial epithet blythburgh. Sadiq Khan was born in Tooting. The sitcom is set in Birmingham. I don't think the two of them look or sound remotely alike.
It was a play on the constant and nasty "Citizen Khan" references to Mayor Sadiq Khan. i do realise the difference in a real person and one that only exists in the imagination of the scriptwriter and the skill of all those who bring the series to our TV etc screens.

One Khan is a hard working man who can never please everyone and the other Khan is a great sitcom invention
"hard working"???? Where is your evidence for that? He may only just break into a sweat when he does his own self promotion and thats about it! :wtf:
Or may not?
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Luke_PieStalker

Post by Luke_PieStalker » Tue Apr 21 2020 4:50pm

Top thread.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Apr 22 2020 10:54pm

The only thing you need to know about Mr Khan is that he refused to ban the Burka because 'Women have the right to wear what they want!' (agreed)
But then band lingerie adverts on the underground because he didn't like what they were wearing?
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Apr 22 2020 11:00pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Wed Apr 22 2020 10:54pm
The only thing you need to know about Mr Khan is that he refused to ban the Burka because 'Women have the right to wear what they want!' (agreed)
But then band lingerie adverts on the underground because he didn't like what they were wearing?
"The only thing"??? :roll:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Apr 23 2020 10:54am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Or because so many women who travel on the underground are complaining about the ads and the reaction they provoke in some men
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Apr 23 2020 1:07pm

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Apr 23 2020 10:54am
kevinchess1 wrote:
Or because so many women who travel on the underground are complaining about the ads and the reaction they provoke in some men
London underground, people are packed like sardines, up close and personal. Ladies I know personally had bad experiences. They were travelling to get to work every single day and just don't have the time to complain to the Police, Transport Police, about the behaviour of some men. It made them feel very uncomfortable the way some men were behaving, the comments, the rubbing past her with a @~*on after looking at the ads.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Kalpesh

Post by Kalpesh » Sun Apr 26 2020 8:53pm

I agree too... top thread