Shell

Media articles about money-saving topics
blythburgh

Shell

Post by blythburgh » Thu Apr 30 2020 11:09am

I do love shells but sadly there are rather rare on our coast. But I am really refering to Royal Dutch Shell and it's profit results today.

To the horror of pension providers and those who supplement their income with the dividends they are sharply down.

I am so grateful I am not buying an annuity at the moment and can only hope pension providers have enough reserves to ride out the choppy waters they are going through currently. The future for the next dividend was not encouraging either.
Thanked by: Boro Boy
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Re: Shell

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Apr 30 2020 12:13pm

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Apr 30 2020 11:09am
I do love shells but sadly there are rather rare on our coast. But I am really refering to Royal Dutch Shell and it's profit results today.

To the horror of pension providers and those who supplement their income with the dividends they are sharply down.

I am so grateful I am not buying an annuity at the moment and can only hope pension providers have enough reserves to ride out the choppy waters they are going through currently. The future for the next dividend was not encouraging either.
Blythburgh: I'm shocked at your technical knowledge - not just a pretty face eh!?! :wave:
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Apr 30 2020 3:40pm

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
JRR Tolkien [The Fellowship of the Ring]
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Apr 30 2020 3:52pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Thu Apr 30 2020 3:40pm
“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
JRR Tolkien [The Fellowship of the Ring]
Very deep.... next try
Mad hatter wrote:“Why is it you’re always too small or too tall?”
Mae West wrote:“It's not the men in your life that matters, it's the life in your men.”
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri May 01 2020 9:45am

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Apr 30 2020 12:13pm
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Apr 30 2020 11:09am

Blythburgh: I'm shocked at your technical knowledge - not just a pretty face eh!?! :wave:
This burger is made of meat and has an "A" level in economics
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler