Coronavirus/COVID-19

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
Boro Boy

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 05 2020 7:56pm

No matter how much the Conservatives may mess up in the future - this is why the Labour Party will never win another election in the foreseeable future: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/labour-c ... -12657806/

Pathetic that some Labour Party members see party politics more important than helping people at this time of crisis - this will not be forgotten.

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue May 05 2020 9:40pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 05 2020 7:56pm
No matter how much the Conservatives may mess up in the future - this is why the Labour Party will never win another election in the foreseeable future: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/labour-c ... -12657806/

Pathetic that some Labour Party members see party politics more important than helping people at this time of crisis - this will not be forgotten.
Total and utter garbage, as ususal. The issue is a Labour councillor voluntarily appearing in Tory publicity - your ill-informed and partial suggestion is an insult to the thousands of Labour supporters working to support their communities - and THAT will not be forgotten, like the policies that have led so many people to depend on food banks, virus or no virus.
Last edited by macliam on Wed May 06 2020 12:51am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed May 06 2020 12:42am

If they instead vote for a party that inflicted unnecessary mass death and Brexit upon the UK because of their own staggering incompetence, arrogance and greed, then it's never been more true that the nation gets the government it deserves.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed May 06 2020 12:55am

macliam wrote:
Tue May 05 2020 9:40pm
Boro Boy wrote:

Total and utter garbage, as ususal. The issue is a Labour councillor voluntarily appearing in Tory publicity - your ill-informed and partial suggestion is an insult to the thousands of Labour supporters working to support their communities - and THAT will not be forgotten, like the policies that have led so many people to depend on food banks, vurus or no virus.
You spout twisted garbage as usual, which is definitely worst. The sour minded Labour Left condemned and took action against the admirable Labour Councillor who was helping local residents and just happened to be joined by a Tory Councillor and the local Tory MP.

Now how are you going to twist that? I expect you will. :crazy:

Oh I forgot - of course - two wrongs make a right in your book!

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed May 06 2020 7:31am

Sarah wrote:
Wed May 06 2020 12:42am
If they instead vote for a party that inflicted unnecessary mass death and Brexit upon the UK because of their own staggering incompetence, arrogance and greed, then it's never been more true that the nation gets the government it deserves.
It is not befitting of a Lady to be so blunt.
Thanked by: Boro Boy
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 06 2020 10:39am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Wed May 06 2020 7:31am
Sarah wrote:
Wed May 06 2020 12:42am
It is not befitting of a Lady to be so blunt.
it is befitting of a Lady to tell the truth and the blunter of the telling the better so nobody can mistake what she is saying.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, Sarah
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 06 2020 10:40am

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed May 06 2020 12:55am
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Total and utter garbage, as ususal. The issue is a Labour councillor voluntarily appearing in Tory publicity - your ill-informed and partial suggestion is an insult to the thousands of Labour supporters working to support their communities - and THAT will not be forgotten, like the policies that have led so many people to depend on food banks, vurus or no virus.
You spout twisted garbage as usual, which is definitely worst. The sour minded Labour Left condemned and took action against the admirable Labour Councillor who was helping local residents and just happened to be joined by a Tory Councillor and the local Tory MP.

The garbage is you thinking it was more than a couple of hard lefties who probably think Corbyn was too right wing who did the complaining.

And you failed to mention this bit: after the footage was posted, the councillor received a letter – seen by LBC – which reportedly said: ‘It is in the Tories’ interests to appear that they are working cross-party in order for them to satisfy the standards set by the Taskforce, LGA and other bodies which have been keeping track of Council performance.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/05/labour-c ... to=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Par for the course for a "sour minded" hard right winger
Thanked by: Richard Frost
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Wed May 06 2020 1:47pm

Boro Boy wrote:

You're right. Attacking the councillor for working with council colleagues is not what I want to see happening. Hopefully Kier Starmer can clear out some of these old guard and their antiquated political views.

I also note that your views align with those of other moderate labour members, in that they are 'horrified' by this ridiculous warning. I think you must have hit 'Submit' too early when you were making your comment, and you accidentally missed that bit out.

I agree with your underlying sentiment though. The Conservatives did not win the last election. Labour lost it. Momentum was just too far left for the man on the Clapham omnibus; all Boris had to do was say 'Brexit' every few sentences. As you say, he could mess it up as much as he liked, and it didn't matter because there was no alternative. Going forward, Labour needs to clear out Momentum (including the idiots who shot themselves in the foot with this warning) and reclaim the middle ground before they will be a viable election alternative again.

I suspect this makes no difference to you because you would vote for a stuffed pig if it had a blue rosette, but thought you'd like to know I - and the moderate labour party - share your views on this issue.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed May 06 2020 3:53pm

Boro Boy wrote:
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Sorry, mr Pot (or is it kettle?) - you are the one dragging this up in a topic about COVID-19 in order to score a few cheap points for your narrow right-wing political views.

I started this topic to get away from the venom you inject into every discussion - but rather than creating a new topic (which we could ignore) you just had to use this one, didn't you?

It must really, really hurt you that the normal knockabout has declined.
Thanked by: Richard Frost, blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed May 06 2020 7:17pm

macliam wrote:
Wed May 06 2020 3:53pm
Boro Boy wrote:
macliam wrote:

Sorry, mr Pot (or is it kettle?) - you are the one dragging this up in a topic about COVID-19 in order to score a few cheap points for your narrow right-wing political views.

I started this topic to get away from the venom you inject into every discussion - but rather than creating a new topic (which we could ignore) you just had to use this one, didn't you?

It must really, really hurt you that the normal knockabout has declined.
Not cheap points Mr Kettle, it was a fact, most sane people will be discussed that the sour out of touch with reality left wingers inflict their venom on a hard working Labour Councillor just trying to help his constituents - now lets see how you try and twist that... :wave: