Coronavirus/COVID-19

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
Chadwick

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19

Post by Chadwick » Mon May 11 2020 7:02pm

expressman33 wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 6:25pm
In regards to what you can or cannot do after the governments announcement yesterday , this literally lists what is appropriate and what is not. If it isn't on the list, you shouldn't be doing it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 77qkxmOG58
So I can 'meet' just one other friend/non-household relative provided that we stay 2 metres apart and remain outdoors. Meeting more than 2 friends in this way is illegal. Meeting just 2 friends in this manner is neither allowed nor not allowed.

If I go to a park to have a picnic or sunbathe, an unlimited number of non-household strangers can be present provided they are 2 metres away and remain outdoors.

If I go to work or a supermarket I can be in contact with an unlimited number of non-household people, provided we make an effort to maintain the 2 metre gap.

Right. That's clear then.
Thanked by: expressman33

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon May 11 2020 7:05pm

I must stay at home as much as possible except for going outside as much as I wish.
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon May 11 2020 7:50pm

Chadwick wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 7:05pm
I must stay at home as much as possible except for going outside as much as I wish.
I didn't make the rules - I just have to follow them.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon May 11 2020 9:38pm

There's also a difference between the guidance and legislation, e.g. section 6 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 never placed limits on the length or number of exercise sessions that someone could undertake away from home each day. So the upcoming change to this "rule" has no basis in law anyway.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020 ... gulation/6

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon May 11 2020 10:26pm

Chadwick wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 7:02pm
expressman33 wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 6:25pm
In regards to what you can or cannot do after the governments announcement yesterday , this literally lists what is appropriate and what is not. If it isn't on the list, you shouldn't be doing it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 77qkxmOG58
So I can 'meet' just one other friend/non-household relative provided that we stay 2 metres apart and remain outdoors. Meeting more than 2 friends in this way is illegal. Meeting just 2 friends in this manner is neither allowed nor not allowed.

If I go to a park to have a picnic or sunbathe, an unlimited number of non-household strangers can be present provided they are 2 metres away and remain outdoors.

If I go to work or a supermarket I can be in contact with an unlimited number of non-household people, provided we make an effort to maintain the 2 metre gap.

Right. That's clear then.
Completely agree , If myself and my wife go outside to clap on a Thursday and talk to our neighbours this is OK if we are all in our own front gardens , but if we all step outside onto the pavement we are breaking the law. Only 2 people are allowed in a "gathering" and they must stay at least 2 metres apart . What distance apart would you consider people to be before they are in a gathering . If 2 couples meet and they are say 4 metres away from each other are they in 1 gathering . I wonder how many broke the law on VE day with pavement parties
Also My grandson can be left with a paid childminder who may be looking after several children, but he cannot be with me.

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Mon May 11 2020 10:50pm

Copied from a Facebook post
I think I’ve worked it out...

* 4 year olds can go to school, but university students who have paid for the tuition they haven’t had and the accommodation they aren’t living in, can’t go to university.

* A teacher can go to school with many 4 year olds that they are not related to, but can’t see one 4 year old that they are related to.

* You can sit in a park, but not tomorrow or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.

* You can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe, but not two people so if you know two people from another household you have to pick your favourite. Hopefully, you’re also their favourite person from your household or this could be awkward. But possibly you’re not. But as I can’t go closer than 2m to the one you choose anyway you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict your eyeline too much and prevent you from being alert.

* You can work all day with your colleagues, but you can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.

* You can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day feels like you are some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.

* You can drive to other destinations, although which destinations is unclear.

* The buses are still running past your house, but you shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.

* It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

* Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.

* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.

* The slogan isn’t stay at home any more, so we don’t have to stay at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.

Don’t forget...

Stay alert... which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.

Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my dogs and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about dogs and very little about controlling viruses.

Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know I’m bragging now but not NOT saving lives is something I do every day.

So there you are. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously. 😂😂

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue May 12 2020 8:32am

Sarah wrote:
Mon May 11 2020 9:38pm
There's also a difference between the guidance and legislation, e.g. section 6 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 never placed limits on the length or number of exercise sessions that someone could undertake away from home each day. So the upcoming change to this "rule" has no basis in law anyway.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020 ... gulation/6
Very clever Sarah.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 12 2020 9:22am

A friend has told me two or three times over the years this story: " I went into the toilet and written on the wall was 'be alert, the country needs more lerts' "

Now every time I hear anyone say or just read the work alert my brain says 'be alert, the country needs more lerts'

How can I stop myself repeating this lavatorial joke?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

xrppzi

Post by xrppzi » Tue May 12 2020 11:14am

It's not a lavatorial joke, it was common as a slogan on mugs etc from time to time, just like the one about getting a 'round tuit'.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Tue May 12 2020 12:33pm

We have to stay alert because that invisible mugger that Boris wrestled to the ground... well Boris just let him go again.