Notice of EGM

blythburgh

Re: Notice of EGM

Post by blythburgh » Thu May 21 2020 8:00am

Some people said they vote Leave in the Brexit vote because "I knew Remain would win and wanted to kick the Govt."

So I would say do not vote no as a protest, your shares could mean no wins and the site continues to pay a lot of money it cannot afford in fees.

Vote no for any reason other than a protest or reluctantly vote yes. Unlike Brexit it is not 50% plus 1 vote. Your shareholding has an effect on your vote.
Thanked by: richard@imutual
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

planteria

Post by planteria » Thu May 21 2020 9:42am

blythburgh wrote:
Thu May 21 2020 8:00am
Some people said they vote Leave in the Brexit vote because "I knew Remain would win and wanted to kick the Govt."
the msm would have us believe that was the case with most Leave voters, who're all a bit thick, and now realise the error of their ways and would love the opportunity to change their vote.

i broadly agree though blyth.. in this instance, the protest is self-harming, on the face of it.. but i will understand the frustration if we vote to change imutual to a private company and then we still don't see the discussion/improvements/changes promised.

if there is a real plan to proceed as originally envisioned, i'm wide open to that. as it stands, parchedpeas' idea is the best alternative i can see.
Last edited by planteria on Thu May 21 2020 11:47am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanked by: cccashbacklover

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Thu May 21 2020 10:59am

Whilst Richard has made no commitment to any form of advertising campaign and putting a budget into place for doing that, then anyone voting against Richards proposal is quite justified in doing so otherwise they could be considered lambs voting for their own slaughter as they are actually voting just to prolong the death throws of the company.
Thanked by: pabenny

Kelantan

Post by Kelantan » Thu May 21 2020 11:04am

Throws = throes
Thanked by: Chadwick

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu May 21 2020 1:32pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 21 2020 10:59am
Whilst Richard has made no commitment to any form of advertising campaign and putting a budget into place for doing that, then anyone voting against Richards proposal is quite justified in doing so otherwise they could be considered lambs voting for their own slaughter as they are actually voting just to prolong the death throws of the company.
Maybe after the "slaughter" we shall bear witness to a miraculous resurrection?
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

garindan

Post by garindan » Thu May 21 2020 8:26pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu May 21 2020 10:59am
Whilst Richard has made no commitment to any form of advertising campaign and putting a budget into place for doing that
It is difficult to see how this wouldn't be a waste of money. Can you explain why it would be a good idea to promote imutual as it is right now? I personally cannot think of any reasons why it would be.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Thu May 21 2020 9:32pm

Every point I made earlier stands and I'm still deeply pessimistic for the prospects for the site going forwards.

However, I reluctantly voted to support Richard's motion. £6k is a lot throw away on accountants. But it really needs to be spent on the site. If the proposal is passed, I'd like to see Richard's detailed thoughts about what comes next.
Thanked by: richard@imutual, pabenny

planteria

Post by planteria » Thu May 21 2020 9:57pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Thu May 21 2020 9:32pm
...If the proposal is passed, I'd like to see Richard's detailed thoughts about what comes next.
& a commitment that there will be a proper, open dialogue to reach a collective decision re how to move forwards would be good to see.
Thanked by: pabenny

garindan

Post by garindan » Fri May 22 2020 10:45am

The biggest issue apart from the site is resource. Any plan can be brilliant but if it is not resourced it will be an issue, the same issue that has blighted imutual the past number of years.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Fri May 22 2020 4:21pm

Proxy voting for the EGM has now closed. Thank you to everyone who took the trouble to vote and participate in discussions. I will announce the result on this forum after 11am on Sunday and also via a webcast - see the relevant topic in the Shareholders+ forum at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=89078
Result: the resolution to convert to a private company was passed with a 93.4% vote in favour as follows:

FOR: 101 members representing 1,080,774 shares
AGAINST: 15 members representing 76,523 shares