Buy
No votes
Sell
36%

Total votes: 11

Beachboy

Re: Codemasters - share monitoring

Post by Beachboy » Wed Aug 12 2020 3:54pm

Are no other members tempted to sell for a 35% profit? Seems a decent return on this share to me. If not, would be interested what % is anyone looking for before selling?

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Wed Aug 12 2020 9:59pm

Yes I'm in to sell and possibly go in a Bakkavor as that was closely supported in recent poll

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Aug 13 2020 8:00am

New consoles means gamers buy new games. With Covid-19 and the semi-lockdown people will be staying indoors more, and hence playing more console games. That means more "in game purchases" which are remarkably lucrative.

It's no accident that the new consoles will be released before Christmas. Consoles aren't cheap to buy and are a "must-have" gift for some. The UK recession is a concern, however, Codemasters have a truly global reach and console games are addictive. Gamers will find a way to fund a new console even if it means "buy now pay later" credit.

Me, personally, my humble opinion, I'm thinking to wait for the release of the new consoles and re-assess the position, possible keep the holdings in Codemasters until after Christmas 2020, with a view to sell in Q1, 2021.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Aug 17 2020 7:30am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Thu Aug 13 2020 8:00am
New consoles means gamers buy new games. With Covid-19 and the semi-lockdown people will be staying indoors more, and hence playing more console games. That means more "in game purchases" which are remarkably lucrative.

It's no accident that the new consoles will be released before Christmas. Consoles aren't cheap to buy and are a "must-have" gift for some. The UK recession is a concern, however, Codemasters have a truly global reach and console games are addictive. Gamers will find a way to fund a new console even if it means "buy now pay later" credit.

Me, personally, my humble opinion, I'm thinking to wait for the release of the new consoles and re-assess the position, possible keep the holdings in Codemasters until after Christmas 2020, with a view to sell in Q1, 2021.
At the expense of quoting myself, there is further analysis from Berenberg.
Berenberg raises target price on Codemasters

Analysts at Berenberg hiked their target price on video games developer Codemasters from 400.0p to 480.0p on Friday, stating the group presented a "substantial" discount to peers.

Berenberg opted to increase its estimates on Codemasters following the group's recent trading update, upping its 2021-22 revenue forecasts by 19.4% and underlying earnings estimates by 21.5%.

The German bank said the firm had delivered "a stellar performance" as it benefited from the Covid-19 "stay-at-home effect" and "the enduring quality" of its F1 franchise - the strong execution of which was now resulting in accelerated growth.

Despite Codemaster's "significant outperformance" during the first half, Berenberg added that it believes there is still further upside to come for the firm.

"Even after our +20% upgrade, we believe that investors can still access the secular growth of the video games industry via Codemasters on a 25% discount to peers," said the analysts, which also reiterated their 'buy' rating on the group.

"This makes Codemasters one of our top picks in our UK mid-cap technology, media, and telecoms coverage."
https://www.sharecast.com/news/broker-r ... 08263.html

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Aug 17 2020 12:51pm

Personally I think this has more to gain. Only good things being said as far as I can tell.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat Sep 19 2020 8:21am

I have sold this share. Details as follows:

Purchase
Codemasters 337 @ £2.96 £997.72

Sale
Codemasters 337 @378 £1273.86
Commission -£12.74
Proceeds £1261.12
Dividends received £0.00
+/- = +£261.12 / +26.4%
Thanked by: Beachboy, nickyu
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sat Sep 19 2020 7:01pm

A handsome +26.4% profit.

Well done everyone.