French propose aborion law changes.

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
kevinchess1

French propose aborion law changes.

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Aug 30 2020 1:48pm

French National Assembly votes to expand abortion up to term in cases of 'psychosocial distress'
It has NEVER been possible to verify psychosocial distress, that was the former motive for voluntary abortion, will understand where the trap lies.”

I don't have a vote but I am totally opposed to this and I am concerned that this will end up as the Norm in the EU, ending up with the UK bowing in to this

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/frenc ... r-lesbians
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

BeautifulSunshine

Re: French propose aborion law changes.

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Aug 30 2020 5:13pm

We have left the EU and no longer need to bow to anything.

Look forward to a prosperous future.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Aug 31 2020 7:23am

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sun Aug 30 2020 1:48pm
French National Assembly votes to expand abortion up to term in cases of 'psychosocial distress'
It has NEVER been possible to verify psychosocial distress, that was the former motive for voluntary abortion, will understand where the trap lies.”

I don't have a vote but I am totally opposed to this and I am concerned that this will end up as the Norm in the EU, ending up with the UK bowing in to this

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/frenc ... r-lesbians
Sadly it is already abortion on demand here. I remember many years ago when I was doing market research a lady was happy to tell me she had children. And went on to say she had some boys and did not feel well so went to Doctor. When she said "But I can't be pregnant" meaning she felt entirely differently with her previous ones. The GP instantly said "I will arrange an abortion for you then." The lady did not want an abortion and would have welcomed another boy but to her joy she had a baby girl.

I guess the abortion would have been done due to "emotional/psychological distress" as it was an unwanted pregnancy as she had already got all the children she wanted to have.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Aug 31 2020 7:26am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Sun Aug 30 2020 5:13pm
We have left the EU and no longer need to bow to anything.

Look forward to a prosperous future.
That is a stupid remark. We need to bow to the great god America. The proposed tax on Facebook etc is being dropped as Trump would not like it.

Take back control (when we actually had a voice and a vote) from the EU to give control to the USA. Wonder how many people voted for that.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Aug 31 2020 8:33am

Fake news?
OP is from an American Pro-Life advocacy site. The same story is repeated on Breitbart but nowhere else.

No mention of this story on BBC news, Le Figaro, France 24.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Sep 04 2020 9:45am

pabenny wrote:
Mon Aug 31 2020 8:33am
OP is from an American Pro-Life advocacy site.
Exactly, only takes a glance at the loaded language to see it's worthless; not to mention the anti-LGBT, pro-TRUMP and other toxic content on the site - they're even got "single women" as targets! :thumbdown:

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Fri Sep 04 2020 10:26am

When Raich was born my wife suffered from puerperal psychosis - now called Postparum psychosis
https://www.nct.org.uk/life-parent/how- ... RTEALw_wcB and was in a psychiatric ward for 3 months. We were told that if we had another child there was a large chance it could happen again. That is why Raich is an only child and why I would support abortions in cases like this .

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Sep 05 2020 10:06am

expressman33 wrote:
Fri Sep 04 2020 10:26am
When Raich was born my wife suffered from puerperal psychosis - now called Postparum psychosis
https://www.nct.org.uk/life-parent/how- ... RTEALw_wcB and was in a psychiatric ward for 3 months. We were told that if we had another child there was a large chance it could happen again. That is why Raich is an only child and why I would support abortions in cases like this .
I can see why you would have gone down that road. And that is why I do not shout out my anti abortion views and deplore the those who stand outside or near abortion clinics. Some of the women entering will be in the case it is not a baby and I just want rid of it in the same way I get rid of all unwanted stuff. But for others it is a heartbreaking decision they desperately wish the did not have to make. I am so glad that in Northern Ireland no woman will have to carry a baby to term and give birth knowing it will die immediately or soon after birth. Some women choose to and want to hold the baby for a little while or the body if it is born dead. But that is a choice they have made.

But I am unhappy the way abortion is pushed as an easy option, do not bother with precautions just abort the baby if you do end up pregnant.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Sat Sep 05 2020 12:11pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Sep 05 2020 10:06am
But I am unhappy the way abortion is pushed as an easy option...
Is it?

Admittedly I'm not now in the prime demographic, but I've never seen abortion "pushed" anywhere.
Thanked by: pakefield

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Sep 06 2020 7:38am

pabenny wrote:
Sat Sep 05 2020 12:11pm
blythburgh wrote:
Sat Sep 05 2020 10:06am
But I am unhappy the way abortion is pushed as an easy option...
Is it?

Admittedly I'm not now in the prime demographic, but I've never seen abortion "pushed" anywhere.
Try listening to programmes like Woman's Hour when abortion is discussed it is always from a pro side and if anyone is invited to give the anti side they are treated with disdain. And the word is always fetus never baby as they want to push the idea that it is not a baby just a lump of cells so getting rid of it is no big deal. Yet pregnant women who intend to keep the child talk about their baby, never a fetus. nobody has a fetus shower either. And if anyone dare talk about the Father in an abortion discussion then these extreme Women's Libbers will make it plain it is nothing to do with him.
Thanked by: kevinchess1