Member poll: Invest further in Bakkavor?

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

We should....

Sell Braemar Shipping and buy Bakkavor
17%
Sell Codemasters and buy Bakkavor
8%
Sell Braemar Shipping and Codemasters and buy Bakkavor
58%
Do nothing
17%

Total votes: 12

garindan

Member poll: Invest further in Bakkavor?

Post by garindan » Tue Sep 08 2020 4:01pm

Members,

Bakkavor announced their half year trading results today and they were pretty respectable considering the way the world has been recently. In light of our recent poll for investment in Pure Gold or Bakkavor and the news it would seem prudent to take stock of where we are with some other shares and consider investing further in Bakkavor Group.

This poll is to canvas member feeling about our shareholding in Codemasters and Braemar Shipping and whether we should sell one or both and convert them to shares in Bakkavor.

Both shares seem to have potential to rise further. Braemar is marginally ahead of purchase price by ~5%, whilst Codemasters is ~30%. However, we may be better off taking profit in one or both and converting into Bakkavor, which may have a better potential to make a greater profit in the same time period.

I would encourage all members to take a look at the latest information on the various share threads we have running for each share we own and more widely - to share thoughts and any sound data they find to help all members make an informed decision.
Thanked by: burwin, harinmenon, Beachboy
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

BeautifulSunshine

Re: Member poll: Invest further in Bakkavor?

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Sep 08 2020 7:16pm

Bakkavor Declares No Interim Payout Amid Double-Digit Profit Fall

(Alliance News) - Bakkavor Group PLC on Tuesday reported a mid-single-digit decrease in revenue ...

Alliance News 8 September, 2020 | 11:16AM

(Alliance News) - Bakkavor Group PLC on Tuesday reported a mid-single-digit decrease in revenue for the first half of 2020 as coronavirus hurt its performance.

The fresh prepared food provider said like-for-like revenue for the 26-week period to June 27 was down 5.2% to GBP852.4 million, hurt by the Covid-19 pandemic. Reported revenue declined by 4.6% to GBP880.5 million.

Pretax profit, meanwhile, fell by 65% to GBP6.8 million from GBP19.5 million year-on-year.

Bakkavor said it will not be paying an interim payout, having distributed 2 pence a share a year earlier.

Going forward, the company said the steady recovery in trading seen across the business in June has been maintained into the second half of the year.

"We have taken many difficult yet necessary decisions this year to protect the long-term success of our business. Whilst there will be further challenges ahead, we remain a robust, balanced and well capitalised Group and the steps we have already taken to protect our business, combined with the recent improvement in trading, gives us confidence for the future," said Chief Executive Agust Gudmundsson.

Bakkavor shares were trading 0.9% lower in London on Tuesday at 55.00p each.

By Evelina Grecenko; evelinagrecenko@alliancenews.com
Source:
https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/A ... -fall.aspx
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Sep 09 2020 7:28am

Me, personally, my humble opinion, if the half year trading results were medium-term negative then that would naturally have been reflected in a sharp drop in the share price which has not transpired. The markets see potential to turn the ship around once Covid-19 is relatively under control.

The imutual Cashback Investment Club has had a good run with Braemar Shipping and a deeper handsome run with Codemasters. It's both a handsome profit and good opportunity to bank the hard cash and move on.

Consequently, I've voted to "Sell Braemar Shipping and Codemasters and buy Bakkavor".

garindan

Post by garindan » Wed Sep 09 2020 11:23am

So currently it seems at least 6 members of 8 voting think Braemar should be sold and 5 think Codemasters should be sold. 4 think both should be sold and one doesn't wish to sell either. Still 6 more votes to come in.

garindan

Post by garindan » Wed Sep 09 2020 11:25am

Bakkavor is on the move again, so we do need to make a decision on this ASAP in my opinion.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Sep 10 2020 4:36pm

Please vote if you have not already done so as it is your hard earned money.

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Sep 14 2020 8:55am

I have now ended this poll - I have taken the 7 votes for both to be sold, and the individual votes to sell Braemar and Codemasters as sufficient majority to sell both holdings and invest £2000 in Bakkavor. This leaves us with just over £600 to build funds towards a further share purchase in the coming month or two.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Sep 14 2020 7:34pm

garindan wrote:
Mon Sep 14 2020 8:55am
I have now ended this poll - I have taken the 7 votes for both to be sold, and the individual votes to sell Braemar and Codemasters as sufficient majority to sell both holdings and invest £2000 in Bakkavor. This leaves us with just over £600 to build funds towards a further share purchase in the coming month or two.
Well done everyone.