Bitcoin

Money, investing, mutuals etc
AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26377
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3613 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:53 pm

planteria wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 pm
Bitcoin up over £14,000 now..
29% of my direct portfolio.
anyone else on board?
I have a modest holding. It's doing very nicely.

How long will it last? Dotcom crash?
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

planteria
Posts: 5544
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 1205 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by planteria » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 am

the ecosystem around it continues to build AAAT, and the corporate and institutional investors continue to come aboard.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26377
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3613 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:00 am

planteria wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 am
the ecosystem around it continues to build AAAT, and the corporate and institutional investors continue to come aboard.
True, I'm keeping my modest investment long-term.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

planteria
Posts: 5544
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 1205 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by planteria » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 am

wise to do do imo AAAT.
although perhaps not stick to "modest".

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26377
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3613 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:18 pm

planteria wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 am
wise to do do imo AAAT.
although perhaps not stick to "modest".
The lion share of my wealth is in property and shares. Property is safe. Shares are semi-safe.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

planteria
Posts: 5544
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 1205 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by planteria » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:32 pm

there are arguments against both of those statements, especially the latter in the current climate.. but primarily i would argue that they are company-specific. if you were to read/listen to Michael Saylor he makes some strong arguments in favour of the 'safety' of Bitcoin, and he's certainly put his money where his pen/mouth is.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26377
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3613 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:35 pm

planteria wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:32 pm
there are arguments against both of those statements, especially the latter in the current climate.. but primarily i would argue that they are company-specific. if you were to read/listen to Michael Saylor he makes some strong arguments in favour of the 'safety' of Bitcoin, and he's certainly put his money where his pen/mouth is.
But then this guy Michael Saylor probably has the kind of money to happily lose that most people won't earn in their lifetime.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

planteria
Posts: 5544
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 1205 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by planteria » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:06 pm

i don't think anyone in the world would be happy to lose over half a billion US$s.. but the key point is that he won't.

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26377
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3613 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:28 pm

planteria wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:06 pm
i don't think anyone in the world would be happy to lose over half a billion US$s.. but the key point is that he won't.
I wish him every success.

I'm not comfortable with investing more than a modest sum in Bitcoin or any other crypto currency.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

planteria
Posts: 5544
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 359 times
Been thanked: 1205 times
Contact:

Re: Bitcoin

Post by planteria » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:14 am


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests