Is it just me??

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
pieman

Is it just me??

Post by pieman » Sat Nov 14 2020 11:09am

Not casting any general aspirations at older people but...

Just had a phone message from Mrs P's mother saying that we can't go round to see her next Saturday (er. well obviously, there is a lock down on) because her and a couple of other friends are going round to Ethel's for dinner (wait, what, don't you understand what a lockdown means??)

When Mrs P phoned her mother to point out that this was not only illegal, but also possibly dangerous, her mother said that it will be ok as they have been carrying on with their twice weekly bridge evenings during lockdown, and everybody is fine!

Sometimes I just have to bite my tongue!

pakefield

Re: Is it just me??

Post by pakefield » Sat Nov 14 2020 11:28am

There are idiots in every age and class but the young tend to get the blame for the spread of the virus

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sat Nov 14 2020 10:07pm

They fail to understand the gravity of the situation.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jan 02 2021 8:37pm

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Sat Nov 14 2020 10:07pm
They fail to understand the gravity of the situation.
What gravity? 'im indoors got a phone call from his sister who informed him the virus is a plot by the Govt. to control us and the fugures are lies. She would not discuss it, "you have your opinion and I have mine". And she knows what she has read.

Umm yes, I have read on numerous occasions that I have won a prize, been awarded money by various people or even the UN. I know this is true because I read it in the email. Silly me always marks it as junk, reports it as a phishing email and never actually do more than read a bit of the email title. After all there it is in black and white so it must be true.

A few weeks back she phoned in a lather because she had to go to the GP for a blood test and they would make her have a covid test (she went and they did not." As she said at the time and a couple of weeks later when there was a family get together for lunch "they are trying to increase the numbers." I said they were trying to find out how many had the virus to be told "no, they are trying to increase the numbers".

The logic of some people amaze me. I know all this comes from her daughter who only goes to reputable sites on the internet which is how she knows that they are deliberately adding poisons to all the vaccines.

But the oddest thing is this: the virus is not dangerous like they say, the hospitals are nearly empty but she and her husband are no longer doing shopping and letting the daughter do it for them instead. Why stop doing your own shopping if it is so safe out there?
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Jan 02 2021 9:10pm

I do find that the world's problems are often attributable to people older than myself.

Also frequently to individuals that are younger.

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Jan 03 2021 8:51pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Jan 02 2021 8:37pm
But the oddest thing is this: the virus is not dangerous like they say, the hospitals are nearly empty but she and her husband are no longer doing shopping and letting the daughter do it for them instead. Why stop doing your own shopping if it is so safe out there?
All mouth and no trousers.
I wonder what they'll do when they're offered the upgrade to Windows 2021. Sorry, I mean the vaccine.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jan 04 2021 7:29am

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Jan 03 2021 8:51pm
blythburgh wrote:
Sat Jan 02 2021 8:37pm
All mouth and no trousers.
I wonder what they'll do when they're offered the upgrade to Windows 2021. Sorry, I mean the vaccine.
The in laws will refuse it because they do not want the poisons that are deliberately added to the vaccine. And they know because they have read it on the internet. But sister in law is not prepared to discusss it. Could that be because she swallows what daughter says hook line and sinker without thinking for her self. Just read the headlines and you know the story sort of thing.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Mon Jan 04 2021 10:02am

There are pretty much only two options long term:

1. Get the vaccine.
2. Get the virus.

So they're choosing option 2. Good luck!
Thanked by: pabenny, Chadwick, blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Jan 04 2021 11:05am

Nice summary, Sarah.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Jan 04 2021 9:57pm

Sarah wrote:
Mon Jan 04 2021 10:02am
There are pretty much only two options long term:

1. Get the vaccine.
2. Get the virus.

So they're choosing option 2. Good luck!
I'd go for option 1.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]