Snow joke

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

Snow joke

Post by blythburgh » Tue Feb 09 2021 9:44am

We have snow, far less than some areas of Suffolk but snow.

Yesterday my friend phoned her pharmacy to be told the morphine liquid her GP ordered middle of last week had still not arrived and due to the snow they were not doing home deliveries.

Our friend was told to remove the morphine patch so she could get that out of her system before starting on the liquid at night. Normally the nurse would put on a new patch on Mondays. But despite not having had her dressing changed since Friday no nurse would be coming as they were not based in the town and the main road between our town and the nurses was blocked.

No nurse arrived and last time she was left this long with a sodden bandage she got an infection in the leg. And, yes, it is the back of the leg where the problem is which makes lying in bed or sitting in the chair with her legs raised painful. No morphine in the system any more, only paracetamol available for her as cannot tolerate stronger painkillers. And it is a strong morphine patch that she was wearing.

But the wonderful carer arrived yesterday and said she and her colleagues were putting in unpaid overtime due to the difficult travelling conditions to get to everyone. Low paid but real heroines
Thanked by: sanity clause
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Re: Snow joke

Post by macliam » Tue Feb 09 2021 12:24pm

Woodbridge had a fair amount....Image
My neighbours report it's about 8" deep and drifting now....
Thanked by: kevinchess1
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pakefield

Post by pakefield » Wed Feb 10 2021 10:55am

I can confirm it is deep in Woodbridge as spoke to a friend there on Monday.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Feb 11 2021 7:50am

Our friend got her medicine on the Tuesday and a lady she knows in the next road who is a nurse in the community came round and although not able to replace the usual dressing was able to put on a dressing and change the bandage. Our friend could have phoned her but did not want to trouble a busy lady.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler