This governments shenanigans

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
Richard Frost
Posts: 12501
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 8:14pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2756 times
Been thanked: 6427 times

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Jul 31 2022 6:40pm

And here is one of the many reasons why I do not use Social Media. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62369858 I hope that whoever is elected to be leader of the Conservative Party realises that this woman is to dangerous to have anything to do with government ever again.

macliam
Posts: 10328
Joined: Thu Jul 18 2013 12:26pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1559 times
Been thanked: 8509 times
Contact:

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by macliam » Sun Jul 31 2022 8:25pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Sun Jul 31 2022 6:40pm
And here is one of the many reasons why I do not use Social Media. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62369858 I hope that whoever is elected to be leader of the Conservative Party realises that this woman is to dangerous to have anything to do with government ever again.
The fact that she was ever made a minister tells you everything you need to know.....
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam
Posts: 10328
Joined: Thu Jul 18 2013 12:26pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1559 times
Been thanked: 8509 times
Contact:

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by macliam » Tue Aug 02 2022 3:54pm

So Truss has now decided that Scotland does not deserve a referendum and Sturgeon is just "attention-seeking"! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-62385757

I'm sure that will work out well..... :roll:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Sarah
Posts: 4527
Joined: Sat Jun 26 2010 10:01am
Has thanked: 337 times
Been thanked: 3442 times
Contact:

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by Sarah » Tue Aug 02 2022 4:16pm

Truss has also now performed a rapid u-turn on her plan to save £8.8bn by cutting public sector pay in regions where the cost of living is lower. If anyone expects sensible governance from the next PM, please think again...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... leadership
Last edited by Sarah on Tue Aug 02 2022 4:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Frost
Posts: 12501
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 8:14pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2756 times
Been thanked: 6427 times

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Aug 02 2022 4:17pm

macliam wrote:
Tue Aug 02 2022 3:54pm
So Truss has now decided that Scotland does not deserve a referendum and Sturgeon is just "attention-seeking"! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-62385757

I'm sure that will work out well..... :roll:
Well, IMO she is not wrong for once, but probably better left unsaid by her.

macliam
Posts: 10328
Joined: Thu Jul 18 2013 12:26pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1559 times
Been thanked: 8509 times
Contact:

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by macliam » Tue Aug 02 2022 9:02pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Tue Aug 02 2022 4:17pm
macliam wrote:
Tue Aug 02 2022 3:54pm
So Truss has now decided that Scotland does not deserve a referendum and Sturgeon is just "attention-seeking"! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-62385757

I'm sure that will work out well..... :roll:
Well, IMO she is not wrong for once, but probably better left unsaid by her.
Yeah, funny thing this democracy, eh? I mean, just because they have an overwhelmeing majority, why should that mean anything?

Next you'll be suggesting that you can't implement something that the majority rejected - and we all know that's not true........
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam
Posts: 10328
Joined: Thu Jul 18 2013 12:26pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1559 times
Been thanked: 8509 times
Contact:

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by macliam » Tue Aug 02 2022 11:59pm

Image
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam
Posts: 10328
Joined: Thu Jul 18 2013 12:26pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1559 times
Been thanked: 8509 times
Contact:

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by macliam » Fri Aug 05 2022 8:46am

Image
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam
Posts: 10328
Joined: Thu Jul 18 2013 12:26pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1559 times
Been thanked: 8509 times
Contact:

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by macliam » Fri Aug 05 2022 5:14pm

Image
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam
Posts: 10328
Joined: Thu Jul 18 2013 12:26pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1559 times
Been thanked: 8509 times
Contact:

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by macliam » Sat Aug 06 2022 8:33am

No Cruella Braverman is suggesting an end to diversity training......

Yep. Going backwards at a rate of knots..... driven by people with an eye to the main chance.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests