Re: A bad day for privilege?

Post by macliam » Tue Sep 13 2022 9:59am

Richard Frost wrote:
Mon Sep 12 2022 6:35pm
macliam wrote:
Mon Sep 12 2022 6:09pm
Richard Frost wrote:
Mon Sep 12 2022 4:02pm
He will be wearing uniform at the overnight vigil. Is today the start of a long slow rehabilitation?
Is that prison umiform? That would be a good sign :D
He would need to be tried and proven guilty first.
His £12m payoff was as good a confession as you can get. Anone who doubts his guilt is delusional.
Thanked by: expressman33
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Sep 13 2022 10:13am

Guilt has not been proven. I myself do not assume someone is guilty without all the circumstances and I do not have those. Everyone has a right to a trial where guilt can be established (or not).
Thanked by: blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Sep 13 2022 10:37am

Richard Frost wrote:
Tue Sep 13 2022 10:13am
Guilt has not been proven. I myself do not assume someone is guilty without all the circumstances and I do not have those. Everyone has a right to a trial where guilt can be established (or not).
A trial was available..... he chose to avoid it by doing what others could not and paying off his accuser.

Or do you think his family have ostracized him for nothing?
Thanked by: blythburgh, expressman33

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Sep 13 2022 11:13am

As I said guilt has not been proven, In the absence of a trial I personally am not prepared to find him guilty. You of course are entitled to your own opinion.

Regarding his family I have no thoughts about the matter. Generally I think it is better for family relationships to stay within the family.
Thanked by: blythburgh

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Sep 13 2022 1:26pm

So, it's OK to buy an escape from justice? Doesn't that just exaggerate the already wide gap between the rights of the majority and the rights of the privileged?

If you're waiting for anyone so deeply embedded in the establishment to be prosecuted in the UK, I think you'll wait a long, long time. So, not being prosecuted or found guilty imparts no presumption of innocence, when steps have been taken to ensure the person concerned will not face trial.
Thanked by: Oggy, blythburgh, expressman33

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Sep 15 2022 10:21am

Andrew has been punished by being stripped of so much by his Mother. And I doubt if his brother will ever let him resume public life. Apparently he was furious and deeply upset to be stripped of so many of his titles and being banned from public life.

I will lose respect for King Charles if he ever lets Prince Andrew ever back into any form of official public life. He is currently performing public duties but that is a son and will cease after the offical time of mourning for the late Queen.

He has not been tried and found guilty but he had to pay his accuser £12m and was stripped of all public roles by his Mother. A woman who loved him as a son but was not blinded by that love. He was always the one who was most like King Edward 7th rather than his parents, grandparents and great grandparents. The royal family as a firm is better off with him being sidelined.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Sep 15 2022 2:57pm

One very unfortunate thing is that his life of privilege will not cease - he may not be quite as well off as before, but he will always be better off than 99% of the British public...... despite his defects.

As far as I'm concerned, the same goes for Harry too..... he made his choice and has proven himself unreliable, so I hope he will be blocked from any position.... Even his title is OTT, if he wants out, it should be out.
Thanked by: expressman33

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Thu Sep 15 2022 3:06pm

macliam wrote:
Thu Sep 15 2022 2:57pm
One very unfortunate thing is that his life of privilege will not cease - he may not be quite as well off as before, but he will always be better off than 99% of the British public...... despite his defects.

As far as I'm concerned, the same goes for Harry too..... he made his choice and has proven himself unreliable, so I hope he will be blocked from any position.... Even his title is OTT, if he wants out, it should be out.
Given the death of his mother and a presumed inheritance (As Royal wills are sealed we will never know) I assume he will actually be quite well of again.

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Sep 15 2022 5:14pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Thu Sep 15 2022 3:06pm
macliam wrote:
Thu Sep 15 2022 2:57pm

Given the death of his mother and a presumed inheritance (As Royal wills are sealed we will never know) I assume he will actually be quite well of again.
Do you actually think he was ever not so?