This governments shenanigans

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

Re: This governments shenanigans

Post by blythburgh » Sat Oct 08 2022 9:56am

Sarah wrote:
Wed Oct 05 2022 2:45pm
Labour 38 points ahead in this "red wall" poll published yesterday!

The national debt interest has grown because of the collapse of the pound against the dollar after the "budget". But few will remember that.

People might have forgotten that there was a plan to abolish the 45% tax rate. But no-one with a mortgage will forget that the rates shot up after the budget in all but name.

They do not seem to want to raise the tax thresholds each year but keep to the Sunak freeze so all income taxpayers will be aware of that.

And you can argue all you want that inflation is a world wide problem and blame Putin etc but people will still blame which ever Govt. is in power.

If I was a Tory MP I would be planning my future for after the election as I many of them will not be an MP afterwards
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Oct 08 2022 1:02pm

Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Oct 10 2022 8:42am

I can accept it (but not always agree with)when it is said by a Home Secretary whose family has been here for so many generations they have lost count. But I despair when people who or whose immediate family emigrated here for whatever reason says "we made it, pull up the drawbridge"
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Oct 10 2022 9:52am

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Oct 10 2022 8:42am
I can accept it (but not always agree with)when it is said by a Home Secretary whose family has been here for so many generations they have lost count. But I despair when people who or whose immediate family emigrated here for whatever reason says "we made it, pull up the drawbridge"
Not just say it, but say it with such vehemence..... it's..... it's.......unBritish!!

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Oct 10 2022 11:40am

macliam wrote:
Mon Oct 10 2022 9:52am
blythburgh wrote:
Mon Oct 10 2022 8:42am
Not just say it, but say it with such vehemence..... it's..... it's.......unBritish!!
IMHO it is unchristian, unmuslim, unhindu etc and if anyone who in power feels this way and have no religious faith I would add it is unhumanism

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Oct 10 2022 1:01pm

Liz Truss’s personal rating has plumetted to a new low following the Tory party conference, a new poll has shown.

The prime minister’s personal approval rating of -47 is now the worst ever recorded for a prime minister in an Opinium poll for the Observer.

It is even worse rating than that recorded for Boris Johnson during Partygate and Theresa May in the weeks before her resignation.
It is also lower than Jeremy Corbyn ever was.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/liz-truss-per ... 6cReM_vJeO

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Mon Oct 10 2022 6:20pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Mon Oct 10 2022 1:01pm
Liz Truss’s personal rating has plumetted to a new low following the Tory party conference, a new poll has shown.

The prime minister’s personal approval rating of -47 is now the worst ever recorded for a prime minister in an Opinium poll for the Observer.

It is even worse rating than that recorded for Boris Johnson during Partygate and Theresa May in the weeks before her resignation.
It is also lower than Jeremy Corbyn ever was.
That. Is. A. Disgrace.

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Oct 10 2022 9:27pm

Oh dear, hoist by her own petard.....

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Oct 11 2022 11:15am

Apparently our Chancellor when he was business secretary had secret talks with the Saudi Govt. Why secret?

They want to ban as many on land solar panels as possible. Got a couple near me and both on very unproductive farm land. But I bet they are not bothered about the amount of trees planted on prime farm land. Heard several times of farmers complaining that they are being bombarded by companies who want to buy their prime land so they can plant trees for offsetting carbon. Trees will no doubt be pines which do nothing for biodiversity. So a real lose lose lose thing

And they are rolling back on plans to help people stop smoking. Remember our Health Secretary is a smoker of cigarettes and very large cigars. Coffey also has voted against anti smoking measures time and time again. Even made money from her support of smoking

macliam

Post by macliam » Tue Oct 11 2022 11:56am

As was said on R4 this Am, the government ave a great way of "helping" people struggling with the cost of living.... now they'll cut their benefits as well!

The only positive thing to be said about Coffey is that I can't remember a single thing she has achieved before..... so, on that form, there will be a lot of hot air, but no action.
trusscare.gif
trusscare.gif (92.08 KiB) Viewed 1672 times