Farage, do not vote for him to do a task on TV

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

Farage, do not vote for him to do a task on TV

Post by blythburgh » Wed Nov 22 2023 11:08am

He has admitted what we all knew. Farage wants to do a trial so a) he can look good and fearless etc and b) get25% more screen time (to boost his popularity especially amongst the younger voters). Sadly almost all of them voted remain or like the lovely part time assistant at our corner shop, angry about the result and why were they denied the vote when the Scottish Independence vote allowed 16 to 18 year old).

Another problem Farage has is unless you have carry a driving licence or bus pass around at all times you might be turned away at the polling station for not having the right ID. The Govt. tampered with democracy by changing the electoral form. No longer can one person make sure all in the house are registered but each person has that responsibility. Obviously the younger you are the less you are going to make sure you can vote. But come the election many people do add there name online to the electoral roll. But now they will have to get the correct photo ID and remember to take it with them. How many will say it is too much of an effort?

I usually vote for a loser, if I have a spare local election vote I do actually vote for a winner. But knowing my vote is nothing more than one more for my party when the national share is worked out. But the Suffragists worked tirelessly to get me the vote and I must honour their work and show I care about democracy enough to bother to vote
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Re: Farage, do not vote for him to do a task on TV

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Nov 22 2023 11:22am

What do you mean do not vote for Farage on the programme. Far better not to watch the rubbish in the first place. Never seen one of the programmes. The likes of Hancock and Farage on it only confirms that I make the right decision not to watch it.
Thanked by: xrppzi

xrppzi

Post by xrppzi » Thu Nov 23 2023 9:55am

Personally, I don't know anyone who watches this rubbish and would suspect the ethics of anyone who does! Surely, it's spectator sadism?
Thanked by: Richard Frost

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Nov 23 2023 11:25am

xrppzi wrote:
Thu Nov 23 2023 9:55am
Personally, I don't know anyone who watches this rubbish and would suspect the ethics of anyone who does! Surely, it's spectator sadism?
They are getting paid good money and the publicity is tremendous. Nobody made anyone take part. I had stopped watching but am watching this year. Lovely to see at least 2 of the camp have told Farage how wrong his ideas are and why they are wrong. As Farage is so blinkered he can only see and hear his own views he is shrugging off the facts
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Fri Nov 24 2023 2:39pm

Farage's policy is that "no news is bad news"..... plus, of course, making sure his bank account keeps him insulated against the chaos he provokes.

I don't watch the programme, never have and never will after they give this chancer a platform.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Sun Nov 26 2023 9:29pm

Second best thing would be to vote him off the show at the earliest opportunity. Sadly we can't rely on the media just ignoring him, which would be the best thing.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Nov 27 2023 10:33am

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Nov 26 2023 9:29pm
Second best thing would be to vote him off the show at the earliest opportunity. Sadly we can't rely on the media just ignoring him, which would be the best thing.
I was so pleased when they announced the vote for the next challenge and Farage could not take part on medical grounds. Do feel for anyone who has ongoing health problems due to accidents etc but at least that stopped him getting the 25% more tv time he wanted.

Fred whatsiname, the French chef, again weighed in on the "benefits of brexit" but Farage refused to address his points. And had the nerve to say some people you can talk to and get them to rethink but Fred is not one of them. Or insulting words to that effect. But of course Farage is blinkered and can only see what is good for him in Brexit.

And I am one of those annoying people who Farage cannot say anything to make me think Brexit is good for the country. Nor can Tommy Robinson make me think racism of any kind is a good thing. But people on here can post a good argument that at the every least makes me think about my view on something. Might even get me moving more to their point of view. But Farage will always find me in the the awkward squad

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Wed Nov 29 2023 8:49am

Viewing figures are below 5 million now, down from nearly 8 million last year.

I hope ITV are having regrets about the unfathomable £1.5 million they're reported to have paid Farage for appearing in the series.

macliam

Post by macliam » Wed Nov 29 2023 12:27pm

As far as I'm concerned, I'd like them to keep Farage permanently. I could suggest another few people to join him too...
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Nov 29 2023 6:56pm

According to GB News lefty Producers are stopping Farage from getting his proper share of air time. 12 people taking part so he cannot be on all the time I would have thought even those idiots at GB News could work that one out.

But I am pleased to report that Fred whatisname has twice had a go at him about Brexit and Nella Rose had a go at him about cultural appropriation. Nella admitted he upset her badly (she is Black) but he says he does not understand it all and made it plain he does not want to learn.

Farage wanted to get known amongst the younger voters. He really is going the right way to get the young of this country on his side isn't he?