as can any/everyone else
Planeteria made all his without spendin a penny
I xpect his bladder will burst :lol:
Thanked by: blythburgh, Mel
Politically incorrect since 69

peaches40

Re: New claims "appeals" process

Post by peaches40 » Tue Apr 10 2012 12:59am

I have been watching this thread with interest and just thought I'd express my two pennies worth ;)

It is my belief that the whole idea of a "mutual" or "co-operative"is operated on the basis of one member, one vote system.

States here in "vision" that "we aim to create the UK's largest "consumer co-operative"; http://www.imutual.co.uk/aboutus

At the end of the day we are all equal, doesn't really matter if you've millions of shares they're all currently worth the same - Zero ;)

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Apr 10 2012 9:52am

Well I don't necessarily agree with the above (part of the Building Societies' 'carpetbagger' problem was that they treated a member of 20yrs plus with large savings/mortgage account the same as someone who walked into a branch the day before with £100), but that risks opening a whole new debate which would be best to discuss in a different thread....

Based on the comments given, let's start out with one member, one vote and also allow people to appeal 'anonymously' if they so wish. But I also think it's undesirable and impractical to ban people from appealing under their normal forum handle if they so choose

If a few members feel very strongly against any aspects of that, we could hold a poll. Otherwise, I'll crack on and get this process started. We can always amend the process based on our experience of the first few claims..
Thanked by: moi, blythburgh, kevinchess1

mark_r_abcd

Post by mark_r_abcd » Tue Apr 10 2012 9:53am

richard@imutual wrote: If something has "exclusions/conditions", it's hardly a guarantee, is it? Let me put a hypothetical case to you: merchant rejects a claim, saying the member used either a link from another site, or a voucher code which invalidated their cashback. Member says "No, I didn't". What set of rules would you propose which would be practical to operate and would ensure a just outcome every time?
This is my point, really. How does turning the process into a popularity contest ensure a just outcome every time? As you've said yourself, we're all effectively anonymous, and the majority of members rarely if ever use the forums, so how are we to decide whether they used a voucher code or not? What information could they provide to us via the forums that they couldn't provide to an adjudication panel privately to prove their claim is genuine?
Thanked by: blythburgh

RonFlorabud

Post by RonFlorabud » Tue Apr 10 2012 9:53am

kevinchess1 wrote:I earn't it :thumbup:
Same way as anyone else can
Some of it from POTM prizes, Probably less than a 1000 shares
None at all from Referals
I taken full advantage of the Shares for posting, offers, Daily clicks
as can any/everyone else
Planeteria made all his without spendin a penny
I xpect his bladder will burst :lol:
Yep, there's plenty of shares up for grabs, although I still haven't hit 5000 :thumbdown:

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Apr 10 2012 10:02am

mark_r_abcd wrote:As you've said yourself, we're all effectively anonymous, and the majority of members rarely if ever use the forums, so how are we to decide whether they used a voucher code or not? What information could they provide to us via the forums that they couldn't provide to an adjudication panel privately to prove their claim is genuine?
Well, in my experience, 'dodgy' members don't post much on forums. The mere fact that they have opted to use the appeals process will, I believe, be a pretty good sign of their trustworthiness. Beyond that, members may be able to form a judgement based on the nature of their posts during the appeals process. Or they may be able to ask astute questions of the member that hadn't occurred to staff (perhaps they are very familiar with the merchant in question and/or the process of qualifying for cashback).

Ultimately, it's your profits that we pay these claims out of, and it feels right to try to involve members in any such appeal process. I acknowledge some of the misgivings, and I have misgivings about some of the compromises I've made based on feedback, but let's just try it and see :)

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 10 2012 10:09am

mark_r_abcd wrote: This is my point, really. How does turning the process into a popularity contest ensure a just outcome every time?
There's not gonna be 'Just Outcomes' however you do it

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 10 2012 10:19am

peaches40 wrote:I have been watching this thread with interest and just thought I'd express my two pennies worth ;)
It is my belief that the whole idea of a "mutual" or "co-operative"is operated on the basis of one member, one vote system. ;)

We are a Mutual company With Share holders
We are all encourage to earn shares.
The people who earn the most shares should have a bigger say than the people who shop around for thye best cashback

What is the point of me focusin on IMUTual only to be told I have the same vote as JBloggs who join yesterday cause he wanted to buy a DVD from play.com and make himself an extra penny casbac and has no interest in Imutual beyond that extra penny?

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Tue Apr 10 2012 10:53am

kevinchess1 wrote:
peaches40 wrote:I have been watching this thread with interest and just thought I'd express my two pennies worth ;)
It is my belief that the whole idea of a "mutual" or "co-operative"is operated on the basis of one member, one vote system. ;)

We are a Mutual company With Share holders
We are all encourage to earn shares.
The people who earn the most shares should have a bigger say than the people who shop around for thye best cashback

What is the point of me focusin on IMUTual only to be told I have the same vote as JBloggs who join yesterday cause he wanted to buy a DVD from play.com and make himself an extra penny casbac and has no interest in Imutual beyond that extra penny?
I agree with Kev :thumbup:

but I disagree with Richard
richard@imutual wrote: Ultimately, it's your profits that we pay these claims out of
It's not our profits until Imutual starts paying a dividend
Last edited by expressman33 on Tue Apr 10 2012 11:18am, edited 3 times in total.

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Tue Apr 10 2012 11:08am

It is my belief that the whole idea of a "mutual" or "co-operative"is operated on the basis of one member, one vote system.

States here in "vision" that "we aim to create the UK's largest "consumer co-operative"; http://www.imutual.co.uk/aboutus

At the end of the day we are all equal, doesn't really matter if you've millions of shares they're all currently worth the same - Zero ;)

I agree with Peaches40 :thumbup:
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....